+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sludge's Board - where has it gone?

Sludge's Board - where has it gone?

The special board for relocating threads started by Sludge has disappeared!

What's going on?

Re: Sludge's Board - where has it gone?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The special board for relocating threads started by Sludge has disappeared!

What's going on?

unsurprisingly no one had contributed to it for months

i was just tidying up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

i was just tidying up
    I would loved to have contributed to it but was banned by the gestapo nazis in the ranks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would loved to have contributed to it but was banned by the gestapo nazis in the ranks
    I think we should go on a work to rule over this outrageous act by management. Gonna join me Sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think we should go on a work to rule over this outrageous act by management. Gonna join me Sludge?
    3 day week

Everybody out

We have nothing to lose but our chains

ALICE IN CHAINS

you had full access. don't blame the man for your inability to respect your own self indulgence. Now keep inline

you had full access. don't blame the man for your inability to respect your own self indulgence. Now keep inline
    Naff off

i was just tidying up
    Maybe have a Non football section so this section stays just football rather than filled up with non football related topics and Sludge's music and other crap posts

International

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Maybe have a Non football section so this section stays just football rather than filled up with non football related topics and Sludge's music and other crap posts
    Isn't that what Mike just binned because no one was using it? (Except Sludge inadvertently) Not sure if the post is a fishing trip ot what

Probably had more hits that the Welsh board.

There’s only so many threads and post where people can say the same thing about the football though. Variety is the spice of life.

I’d rather listen to Sludges god awful taste in music on a loop than read a football post / thread by certain posters.

Naff off
    Sounds like a Princess Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Probably had more hits that the Welsh board.
    What Welsh board ?

I humbly disagree I find Sludge brings great joy to the football board , in times of sadness , by isolating his non football posts (and others ) they become t simply lost , you can always avoid them by not opening the thread.

I've always felt music and football merge nicely anyways

I am in the process of forming a consortium of local investors to offer you a deal

You are being taken out

And I don't mean for lunch

People seem to forget that back in earlier days (I first heard of this board from a work colleague back in 2002 or 3. Nice and great city fan Tim Nicholas his name was who posted I think as Dr Giggles. Haven't seen him in years) what made this board was how eclectic it was.

Mixed in with football was politics, music, film, anything really. If anyone had a problem with their computer car or house they could post on here and there was a good chance that they would either get an answer or the phone number or email of someone who could help.

It was unique amongst football boards as far as I am aware for this sort of thing as other boards seem to keep their football and other stuff on separate forums.

This is what engendered a great sense of community and people could discuss and argue about things to their hearts content.

It is still there to an extent but sadly a bit (actually at times a lot) of nastiness crept in over the years and the board has had to survive two major breakaways.

We have also had the politics forum added and most will know that this is one of my favourite grumbles as I think it is completely unnecessary (except perhaps as a temporary measure at election time) When political posts have been left on here there has been some excellent discussion at times (yes and some utter garbage as well).Robust discussion is fair enough but some of the personal insults get boring and would be better suited to some on here just ignoring each other or sending private messages instead of annoying the rest of us and ruining worthwhile threads.

The Coronavirus Update thread for example has some excellent stuff in there even though it is overtly ( and understandably) political but you have to wade through some unnecessary guff at times. Whenever good political debate gets moved to the politics board it invariably dies a death because many who make good contributions tend not to bother with that forum and it often ends up with the usual suspects grumbling at each other.

If people don't want to read political posts don't bother. It really is that simple!

I still think this the best board. I have registered to all three main boards but I rarely write to the board that has no name and I don't think I have written a single post to the Colonelcardiffi board.

But with respect to Mike although I still like this board it is not what it was was in earlier days.

I don't think it is his fault (except for the blasted unnecessary politics forum) it is the fact that posters come and go for all sorts of reasons, and sadly decent ones get fed up because of some of the garbage and insults posted and leave never to come back. And as I say twice some of the ones who contributed to the problems ( and to be fair also made some decent contributions as well) have got the huff and formed new boards . Each time some good posters have gone with them.

There was a wonderful expression used by one of the state election officials last night about Donald Trump. He said that Trump should "put his big boy pants on". Describes some of our ex posters quite well I think!!

Anyway rant over.

Edit Just seen how long this post is. I have just got a laptop after years of laboriously tapping in posts on my smartphone, so I am afraid I let my fingers run away with me. I will be writing TOBW length posts next!!

I am all for debate and a good old fashioned political scrap but I am not prepared to go on a cardiff city board where far right views are openly aired, that gives cardiff city a bad name . We are not talking about someone thinking the conservatives are best to run the country , which of course I don't agree with, we are talking about extreme views on race, immigration and social policy . If Mike and the mods allowed that sort of extremist crap to fester that would be it from me .

As for my musical tastes I see it as educating those less fortunate

To be fair when the politics forum was created it was aroubdcthevtimebif Brexit and it was getting absolutely ridiculous on here with the amount of politics threads so it was the right call imo. Even the rare football threads were descending into people arguing over their side of politics. Usually that gimp Croesy.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    To be fair when the politics forum was created it was aroubdcthevtimebif Brexit and it was getting absolutely ridiculous on here with the amount of politics threads so it was the right call imo. Even the rare football threads were descending into people arguing over their side of politics. Usually that gimp Croesy.
    I agree and that is why I said there is a point to such a forum when there is a preponderance of political posts such as at election time and Brexit would have been such a time.

But I don't see any point now.

And I presume you mean Croesy Mark1 not Croesy Mark 2

I am all for debate and a good old fashioned political scrap but I am not prepared to go on a cardiff city board where far right views are openly aired, that gives cardiff city a bad name . We are not talking about someone thinking the conservatives are best to run the country , which of course I don't agree with, we are talking about extreme views on race, immigration and social policy . If Mike and the mods allowed that sort of extremist crap to fester that would be it from me .

As for my musical tastes I see it as educating those less fortunate

Who are you referring to Sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I agree and that is why I said there is a point to such a forum when there is a preponderance of political posts such as at election time and Brexit would have been such a time.

But I don't see any point now.

And I presume you mean Croesy Mark1 not Croesy Mark 2
    Yes, mark 1 although there was a time more recently when mark 2 was dominating more threads than Sludge with his virtue signalling.

i was just tidying up
    Have you brushed my smiley under the carpet, boss?

Free the Sludge One.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Have you brushed my smiley under the carpet, boss?
    I'll have a look for it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What Welsh board ?
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/forumdisplay....h-Messageboard