+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Crown - Netflix

The Crown - Netflix

Bloody brilliant

As a anti-monarchist thought I’d hate it. But a very interesting and entertaining series

Would advise to fact check afterwards but still worth the watch

Re: The Crown - Netflix

Not sure what series you are watching atm but the Aberfan episode is so moving.
    Agree, excellent series.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bloody brilliant

As a anti-monarchist thought I’d hate it. But a very interesting and entertaining series

Would advise to fact check afterwards but still worth the watch
    I've been giving it a wide birth because I'm also anti-royalist. But it's getting great reviews and I'm at the bottom of the barrel. I watched The Queens Gambit in two nights, then I started the Leah Remini Scientology doc. Not really feeling it. I can see myself starting The Crown tomorrow night. Maybe even tonight. There's (American) football on, but I'm not interested today, I barely even watched the real football.

Its not all pro royal.
    Okay there may be a bit of dramatisation but whatever political persuasion one may be, it's our history, it happened.
    I personally take fact over fiction any day.

With the new season coming up my wife has pursuaded me to watch it from the beginning ng and I have to admit i am liking what I see. Needed something new to watch after enjoying the Queens Gambit and the three seasons of Fargo which I thought were both brilliant.

I ended up feeling sorry for prince Charles by the end

I didn't want to watch it but the wife was keen. I must admit I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by gillsam View Post
    I ended up feeling sorry for prince Charles by the end
    now I'm definitely not watching it

I started watching last night. I'm two episodes in and not really loving it. I'll keep going though. It doesn't help that so far I haven't seen anything I didn't already know was going to happen. Hopefully, it will slow down soon and there'll be some intrigue.

I'm not sure there will be many surprises and probably not that much intrigue but the relationships between the royals and, for example, the Queen and various party leaders is interesting.

Can't say I was bowled over by the early seasons but the one with Olivia Coleman playing the Queen is really good.
    Its not like you need to follow it all from the start so if you are bored then jump to this season, 5 I think.

Brilliant drama , I find the queens roles astonishing both in this series and in real life itself through the decades of change,crisis ,her appeal to many millions is quite something.

Best soap opera I’ve seen and all basically true. All 3 series so far have been excellent and filled in a few gaps in my knowledge of the royal family. Many first class performances, Matt Smith is excellent as the appalling Duke of Edinburgh. Top quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I started watching last night. I'm two episodes in and not really loving it. I'll keep going though. It doesn't help that so far I haven't seen anything I didn't already know was going to happen. Hopefully, it will slow down soon and there'll be some intrigue.
    I suppose it depends on your general knowledge but I'm not sure you are going to find any surprises. I am by no means an expert but as far as I can tell each episode is based on a well known event. I quite like it, it is sort-of a dramatisation of the main events in British twentieth century history from the perspective of the Royal family.

I haven't watched one minute of it, and have no intention of doing so. Not because I'm a raving Royalist (I'm not), but it just doesn't appeal at all. For some reason, I have never liked Claire Foy (who played the Queen early doors) and so never got into it.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I haven't watched one minute of it, and have no intention of doing so. Not because I'm a raving Royalist (I'm not), but it just doesn't appeal at all. For some reason, I have never liked Claire Foy (who played the Queen early doors) and so never got into it.
    Claire Foy in my opinion was very good