+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Vaccine'

Re: "The Vaccine'

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What? Why wouldn't they need to bother? If they're infected they can spread it just like the over 30s - even if they think they're personally less likely to be seriously ill or die miserably gasping for air!
    There's only so much to go around initially though so I imagine it'd be a while before under 30s are vaccinated unless they're particularly vulnerable

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I knocked her back

I have got standards
    Is this a recent 'thing'?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There's only so much to go around initially though so I imagine it'd be a while before under 30s are vaccinated unless they're particularly vulnerable
    I agree with that - there will have to be prioritisation. It's the idea that under 30s wouldn't need it that I disagree with.

Cystic fibrosis kids for example

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I had a socially-distanced, walking date last Saturday with an attractive and articulate woman who, it transpired, believes that:

1. More than 8 million children are held in captivity underground in order to service Hollywood paedophiles
    2. Globalists and world governments are colluding to kill the majority of the population of the world
    3. Covid-19, largely a hoax, cannot be transmitted in droplets that we exhale
    4. Obama and Hillary Clinton were involved in the so-called Pizzagate paedophile rings
    5. Bill Gates is involved in the vaccines that will alter our DNA so that we are all compliant.
    There are people who believe this rubbish.
    My mother in law.
    Then I had this guy fit some blinds today. He started repeating this rubbish.
    I had to tell him to shut up and get on with his work.
    If I hadn't waiting ages for them I would have told him to **** off

Trump again, what a pathetic creature

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1718658.html
    Trump news – live: President claims vaccine was held back to hurt him
    Donald Trump has accused the FDA and Democrats of holding back a Covid-19 vaccine until after the election.

Mr Trump took to Twitter to attack his opponents and of manipulating the virus response to harm his re-election chances.

On Monday drug maker Pfizer announced that early data from its coronavirus vaccine trial shows it is more than 90 per cent effective.

Earlier Donald Trump has "terminated" Mark Esper, his defence secretary, as White House personnel are told that anyone found to be looking for another job will also be fired.

House speaker Nancy Pelosi has accused the president of trying to “sow chaos” in his final days in office. In the Senate, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell gave his backing to the president seeking to use legal channels to challenge the election results.

I read that frontline NHS workers would get it first, followed by the eldest and vulnerable. After that it would cascade downwards from the next eldest age groups.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Trump again, what a pathetic creature

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1718658.html
    Trump news – live: President claims vaccine was held back to hurt him
    Donald Trump has accused the FDA and Democrats of holding back a Covid-19 vaccine until after the election.

Mr Trump took to Twitter to attack his opponents and of manipulating the virus response to harm his re-election chances.

On Monday drug maker Pfizer announced that early data from its coronavirus vaccine trial shows it is more than 90 per cent effective.

Earlier Donald Trump has "terminated" Mark Esper, his defence secretary, as White House personnel are told that anyone found to be looking for another job will also be fired.

House speaker Nancy Pelosi has accused the president of trying to “sow chaos” in his final days in office. In the Senate, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell gave his backing to the president seeking to use legal channels to challenge the election results.
    Well, if all of those thousands of votes were illegal like he claims they were, surely what happened with the vaccine is not relevant?

We are more likely to have the Oxford one anyway I heard, can be kept in normal fridge conditions and will be more than 90% effective, apparently.....and it’s on our doorstep already....one of each maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We are more likely to have the Oxford one anyway I heard, can be kept in normal fridge conditions and will be more than 90% effective, apparently.....and it’s on our doorstep already....one of each maybe?
    Initially a 40m order was placed for the Pfizer vaccine and that is the one that will be used for those in the priority groups. Have you got a link to confirm that the Oxford vaccine can be kept in a fridge because that wasn't was said on the radio this morning? If only normal refrigeration is required that would be great meaning there will be no need to deal with the difficult logistics such as dry ice transportation and the fact GPs do not have the equipment to store the Pfizer vaccine which has to be kept at -70 degrees C.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Just heard that they only expect 25% of people will want it.

That surprised me.
    Surely if people don’t want it they are accepting the risk and we can just crack on can’t we?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Surely if people don’t want it they are accepting the risk and we can just crack on can’t we?
    The post you quote is incorrect. Only 25% of people don't want it. 75% of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The post you quote is incorrect. Only 25% of people don't want it. 75% of people do.
    That makes more sense

To be fair Peajay corrected himself yesterday. Its 75% who will take it.

Im sure the over 50s will be higher than that. Ill have it.

I am nervous about my 15 year old Daughter having it though.

I had a socially-distanced, walking date last Saturday with an attractive and articulate woman who, it transpired, believes that:

1. More than 8 million children are held in captivity underground in order to service Hollywood paedophiles
    2. Globalists and world governments are colluding to kill the majority of the population of the world
    4. Obama and Hillary Clinton were involved in the so-called Pizzagate paedophile rings
    5. Bill Gates is involved in the vaccines that will alter our DNA so that we are all compliant.

and more!

Until the subject of the virus came up she seemed to be an intelligent woman........
    Did you call her out on her bullshit?

and more!

Until the subject of the virus came up she seemed to be an intelligent woman........
    Social media and the internet has turned so many normal and intelligent people into idiots.

There is no arguing with them because they won't believe any facts either.

Like just these two seem to contradict each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I will take it if given the chance.

that said I've got a nagging feeling that the vaccine will turn anyone who takes it to descent into an uncontrollable rage, causing a zombie apocalypse - but that could just be a movie I watched recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I will take it if given the chance.

that said I've got a nagging feeling that the vaccine will turn anyone who takes it to descent into an uncontrollable rage, causing a zombie apocalypse - but that could just be a movie I watched recently.
    Sounds more fun than lockdown in fairness

Whilst i'm not anti-vax and even went private recently for my daughter to get one she was due as the local health authority here just couldn't mange it due to the crisis, I certainly won't be at the front of the queue

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Whilst i'm not anti-vax and even went private recently for my daughter to get one she was due as the local health authority here just couldn't mange it due to the crisis, I certainly won't be at the front of the queue
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why not?
    Years working in Pharma

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Years working in Pharma
    Really? What do you think could be wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Or they catch Covid and give it to someone else as they have not had the chance to have a vaccine and on it goes .

The news just indicated that people as young as 12 took part in the trials, but then added that this particular vaccine wasn't aimed at children anyway.
    There wouldn't be enough doses of this vaccine in this country for a 15 year old to have it (unless they're vulnerable of course), but the others being tested (particularly the Oxford AstraZeneca one) may be more suitable for younger folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Social media and the internet has turned so many normal and intelligent people into idiots.

There is no arguing with them because they won't believe any facts either.

Like just these two seem to contradict each other.
    I know. I also asked her how globalists would profit if they killed off most of the population of the world but I didn't expect a coherent answer. She also thought that isolating the elderly was a deliberate way of killing them.