+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shelf wed....

Shelf wed....

Sack monke

Re: Shelf wed....

He's 41, what's he on now, his 5th sacking in 5 years? clearly not up to the job, yet he'll join the list of white football blokes who seem to get job after job after failure after failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's 41, what's he on now, his 5th sacking in 5 years? clearly not up to the job, yet he'll join the list of white football blokes who seem to get job after job after failure after failure.
    Reckon he’ll be left on the Shelf ?

Hello Sol how you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hello Sol how you doing?
    Sol might get a job in the UK, articulate, verbal on the pitch, a natural leader etc. You reckon he'll get five cracks of the whip in the same number of years? Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Reckon he’ll be left on the Shelf ?
    Nah, he'll get another job, it may be a level lower though, Bless.

DERBY awaits

Should we move quickly for him now ?

Sol might get a job in the UK, articulate, verbal on the pitch, a natural leader etc. You reckon he'll get five cracks of the whip in the same number of years? Not a chance.
    Love him as our manager he's well spoken, meaningful and highly motivated, has a lot experiences from within the game .

I'm surprised Monk beat Cocu in the sack race.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Love him as our manager he's well spoken, meaningful and highly motivated, has a lot experiences from within the game .
    Personally I prefer a tactical genius regardless of colour although I accept there are more white managers on the managerial merry-go-round than black ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Personally I prefer a tactical genius regardless of colour although I accept there are more white managers on the managerial merry-go-round than black ones.
    Pulis in the frame, Apparently.

Pulis in the frame, Apparently.
    Paul Cook and Nigel Pearson the favourites amongst fans - but Cook hasn't been approached (according to the local media) and Pearson still lives in Sheffield and has always been wary about managing in the city. So Pulis, Sol Campbell, Phil Neville.... hang on a week and they can add Philip Cocu to the possibles list.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Paul Cook and Nigel Pearson the favourites amongst fans - but Cook hasn't been approached (according to the local media) and Pearson still lives in Sheffield and has always been wary about managing in the city. So Pulis, Sol Campbell, Phil Neville.... hang on a week and they can add Philip Cocu to the possibles list.
    What's Russel Slade doing these days ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What's Russel Slade doing these days ?
    Stripagram, working out of the Grimsby area.

Because he's a very shit manager. Just because another shit manager gets more work it doesn't mean racism is in play..
    Sol is just shit and chats utter shit thats why nobody wants him.

Because he's a very shit manager. Just because another shit manager gets more work it doesn't mean racism is in play..
    It is weird that there are so few black managers though isn’t it? How many are there in the top 3 English leagues currently?

Sorry Stan, i've not got a clue what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And is a Tory and has no proven track record as a manager,

I don't fully understand the Monk sacking. If I read it correctly this morning pressure increased with three bad defeats but they have since had points reduction cut, beaten Bournemouth and drawn with Millwall. Things were much rosier for them as a team and under Monk in past two weeks than they were before that or any time this season, apart from opening day. Think Monk rubs fans and local press up the wrong way more than anything, too ready for a fight?, so when results turn for worse he's out the door whether overall he deserve that or not.

Should we look at why there are so few BAME mangers? Absolutely, but I don't like breaking it down into individual cases. It's a conversation we should have whether or not Sol should be a manager/should have opportunities at a higher level and weighing that up against other's merits who haven't asked to join this part of the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't fully understand the Monk sacking. If I read it correctly this morning pressure increased with three bad defeats but they have since had points reduction cut, beaten Bournemouth and drawn with Millwall. Things were much rosier for them as a team and under Monk in past two weeks than they were before that or any time this season, apart from opening day. Think Monk rubs fans and local press up the wrong way more than anything, too ready for a fight?, so when results turn for worse he's out the door whether overall he deserve that or not.

Should we look at why there are so few BAME mangers? Absolutely, but I don't like breaking it down into individual cases. It's a conversation we should have whether or not Sol should be a manager/should have opportunities at a higher level and weighing that up against other's merits who haven't asked to join this part of the conversation.
    My point was quite simple. Would an ex black footballer get as many opportunities to fail as Monk has? I seriously doubt it.

Sol, you reckon he'll get five cracks of the whip...

Racist colonizer!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It is weird that there are so few black managers though isn’t it? How many are there in the top 3 English leagues currently?
    Is it though? Most of the managers in the top leagues would have retired in the last 10/20 years, what percentage of the players were black in the 2000s? How many were British and stayed in the UK to complete badges? What is the actual percentage of black players who take badges?

I don't doubt some racism has played a part in some situations but it's a bit simplistic reducing the entire situation to racism in my opinion. Take Danny Rose example, he said he won't bother taking his badges because he "knows" he won't get a job after he completes them, how does that help the situation in the slightest.

My point was quite simple. Would an ex black footballer get as many opportunities to fail as Monk has? I seriously doubt it.
    I don't want to comment on an individual or make specicific comparison, especially when I have so little to go on. BAME potential managers deserve more, at least a proper conversation, about why there are so few of them throughout the league's.

I am not naive enough to not think that a lot still needs to be done about racism of all sorts in many industries and that football hasn't escaped at least part of this but I would say that football is one of the more inclusive professions that employs based on ability, maybe due to being such a results driven business.

How many black players are there in the Premier League for example? If we are to believe that there is prejudice against black managers in this country within football then we are to believe that owners are fine with employing black players to benefit their clubs but overlook a better manager because of the colour of his skin. I'm sorry but if a manager is the best candidate and is going to benefit that club more than any other candidate then he gets the job.

It goes on but if an owner/chairman was racist to that level then surely you would see playing squads showing evidence of this too, not just managerial positions.