+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Thick people in positions of power, number 547 (football post)

Re: Thick people in positions of power, number 547 (football post)

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Shes a nutty south African....and one or two posters on here have met her

Sorry to here about the lad you work with. Being married ain't easy. He has my sympathy.
    Boom Boom! I can see your argument and where you're going with it, i aint got no beef with you. I didn't know that you were married to a Black lady (hope that's not offensive) but due to your political beliefs, you'd be the last person i'd have down as racist (I remember Feedback) I'd just say this. This Greg FA bloke just seems way out of touch, a bit of an idiot in a position of power, clumsy is putting it Mild. He had to go in my opinion. You know what though, most people that i meet that use a bit of Racism are usually alright, they're a bit thick and a total contradiction. They do need educating but i don't think that the state are the best at those kinds of things, or charities, agencies etc. It's got to be at home.

Well I am the dullest.

I meant deeds not words.

I consider myself appropriately chastised
    No problem.

Trying to explain what you meant when you said that I was judging him by deeds not words I guess is the next step. What were the deeds and words in your example?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    No problem.

Trying to explain what you meant when you said that I was judging him by deeds not words I guess is the next step. What were the deeds and words in your example?
    His words....well thats what this thread is about...

His deeds....what has he actually delivered whilst CEO

His words....well thats what this thread is about...

His deeds....what has he actually delivered whilst CEO
    He was Chairman actually. You seem to struggle with the evidence bit you demand of others. Given the separation of roles and the CEO would be doing most of the delivering, what do you think was Greg Clarke's greatest achievement in ensuring that the diversity and inclusion agenda was furthered in the FA?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Boom Boom! I can see your argument and where you're going with it, i aint got no beef with you. I didn't know that you were married to a Black lady (hope that's not offensive) but due to your political beliefs, you'd be the last person i'd have down as racist (I remember Feedback) I'd just say this. This Greg FA bloke just seems way out of touch, a bit of an idiot in a position of power, clumsy is putting it Mild. He had to go in my opinion. You know what though, most people that i meet that use a bit of Racism are usually alright, they're a bit thick and a total contradiction. They do need educating but i don't think that the state are the best at those kinds of things, or charities, agencies etc. It's got to be at home.
    Yes I know some overt racists, and Greg FA bloke doesn't seem like one of those.
    He managed to display a level of prejudice against women, gay people, South Asians and he use a no longer accepted term for black people in one sitting.
    I think the use of the term was ignorance rather than racism, but in that position he shouldn't have been ignorant of these things.

Feedback

Shes not my wife, shes my best mates wife.

Black is only a label and wouldn't bother her in the slightest.

My point here is that we are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water. If the FA was making great strides regarding inclusivity under Clark (and i dont know of this is true or not but if it is), him going may have not been the best outcome.

Its a murky world politics, and this thread shows that, whether right or wrong, you have to tread carefully in the nodern world.

Saying that, Babyhands Bunkerbitch has shown what happens when you have a leader who is a racist piece of shit and you have no rules at all. That's when division really starts.

Feedback

He was Chairman actually. You seem to struggle with the evidence bit you demand of others. Given the separation of roles and the CEO would be doing most of the delivering, what do you think was Greg Clarke's greatest achievement in ensuring that the diversity and inclusion agenda was furthered in the FA?
    Apologies for saying CEO rather than Chairman.

As for your question, I have no idea. What I do know is the FA like the other home nations associations actively encourage football right across society.

Do I think the terms used are outdated - yes of course.

Do I think it warrants whats happened - probably not, but I am just one voice amongst millions.

There's plenty in this thread who think the Chairman of the FA should always use the most up to date terms.

Since most people still say linesman, are they sexist?

Apologies for saying CEO rather than Chairman.

As for your question, I have no idea. What I do know is the FA like the other home nations associations actively encourage football right across society.

Do I think the terms used are outdated - yes of course.

Do I think it warrants whats happened - probably not, but I am just one voice amongst millions.

There's plenty in this thread who think the Chairman of the FA should always use the most up to date terms.

Since most people still say linesman, are they sexist?
    Here are the evidential words of the Chief Executive of the FA. If you can find mention of the contribution Clarke made then you are a better man than I.

We respect his decision and are clear that his words simply do not reflect the views of the FA, our people and the organisation we are today.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/nov/...atement-111120

Feedback

Here are the evidential words of the Chief Executive of the FA. If you can find mention of the contribution Clarke made then you are a better man than I.

We respect his decision and are clear that his words simply do not reflect the views of the FA, our people and the organisation we are today.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/nov/...atement-111120
    I have no idea of the contribution that he (clarke) may have made. We'd need to see the minutes. But it would be unusual for a Chairman to not set the agenda and manage the board, so I'd say its quite likely that Clarke had at least some input in pushing the (equality and diversity) agenda forward. But to be sure either way, youd need to see the minutes

I have no idea of the contribution that he (clarke) may have made. We'd need to see the minutes. But it would be unusual for a Chairman to not set the agenda and manage the board, so I'd say its quite likely that Clarke had at least some input in pushing the (equality and diversity) agenda forward. But to be sure either way, youd need to see the minutes
    So what we are left with are two appearances before Parliamentary Select Committees. The first where he described the possibility of the there may be racism in the FA as "fluff"

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/f...-a3662296.html

And the next last week that forced him to leave. Your argument seems to be that there might be some minutes in between that shows that this poor bloke was wronged on both occasions. Sometimes you just need to let an argument go because the bloke you are standing up for is just not worth it!

Feedback

So what we are left with are two appearances before Parliamentary Select Committees. The first where he described the possibility of the there may be racism in the FA as "fluff"

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/f...-a3662296.html

And the next last week that forced him to leave. Your argument seems to be that there might be some minutes in between that shows that this poor bloke was wronged on both occasions. Sometimes you just need to let an argument go because the bloke you are standing up for is just not worth it!
    I've not said anything of the sort. The guy jumped ship because he used archaic language, but that in itself isn't racist or discriminatory.

I've made my point, he may have been a closest racist or not, I really don't know. But he was effectively removed because he used the wrong terminology

The FA have been forced to do some work regarding racism in the game

Its all hot air

And when a guy who is at the top uses , not for the first time , ignorant and outdated terminology he's got to walk the plank

Plenty of people who are not racist use the term coloured but they are not at the top of the FA

At the very least he's thick as feck

International

There we go then, conclusive I actually work with a white bloke who is married to a black women, has kids and is a racist, straight up. Obviously, i can't prove that though
    Now you know you can't say anything on here without links, written sworn testemonies etc and............. oh bollox...

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The FA have been forced to do some work regarding racism in the game

Its all hot air

And when a guy who is at the top uses , not for the first time , ignorant and outdated terminology he's got to walk the plank

Plenty of people who are not racist use the term coloured but they are not at the top of the FA

At the very least he's thick as feck
    He is now both thick as feck and unemployed!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Now you know you can't say anything on here without links, written sworn testemonies etc and............. oh bollox...
    Perhaps if you don't start with bollux then the links and sworn testimonies become superfluous.

International

Perhaps if you don't start with bollux then the links and sworn testimonies become superfluous.
    Easy for you to say. Have you got a link to prove that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Genuine question, hope it doesn’t come across as ignorant, I’m just clueless, but why is coloured offensive, but Kamala Harris being referred to as woman of colour not ?
    I also refer you to the title of the NAACP in the US!