Thread: City Players’ Wages

City Players’ Wages

Who knows if this is accurate or not? 🤷*♂️

https://footballleaguefc.com/2019-20...-KxWBanD6_2TSc

Re: City Players’ Wages

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Who knows if this is accurate or not? ��*♂️

https://footballleaguefc.com/2019-20...-KxWBanD6_2TSc
    I would say that those figures look realistic.

could be or could be completely made up.

I know for a fact that the Joe Day one is pretty accurate. We trebled his wages when he moved from Newport. I'd be a bit fed up if I was Nelson, playing alongside Morrisons who is on about 4 times as much pay. It does go to show we pay a lot of players too much money. It does seem to indicate a lot of the players who have been with us for a while had big pay rises when we were promoted. Bamba must be fed up too, but there again he rarely plays now.

Didnt Curtis Nelson just sign a new contract? I would have thought his wage would have increased a fair bit then after a season of championship football. Moore and Pack dont seem quite right either, would have thought they were on slightly more.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Didnt Curtis Nelson just sign a new contract? I would have thought his wage would have increased a fair bit then after a season of championship football. Moore and Pack dont seem quite right either, would have thought they were on slightly more.
    Yes. Can't imagine Moore being on £10k, especially as a regular Welsh international. I would have thought he'd have been on, er, more.

Would Smithies really be top earner?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes. Can't imagine Moore being on £10k, especially as a regular Welsh international. I would have thought he'd have been on, er, more.
    Depends on his contract at Wigan and the demand for the player. I'd say that his previous earnings (looking at his career path) have been pretty low. There's also goal scoring bonuses as well to add in, they could actually be worth more than his weekly salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Not according to that, it says Ojo is on £32,500

I think when he was signed there was talk he was the biggest earner.

This has been done before, I think you will find that they were their premier league wages

They all took pay cuts when we were relegated so these figures are not accurate

Ojo £32,500 Wilson £12,500 that can’t be right surely??!

other things to consider are appearance bonuses, 100 grand after 40 games etc. Loads of things written into contracts that we don't know about. Gazza got his sister a sunbed when he signed for spurs as part of the deal!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Not according to that, it says Ojo is on £32,500
    I just meant what we are paying, can't imagine if Ojo is on that, that we would be paying the full amount.

I just meant what we are paying, can't imagine if Ojo is on that, that we would be paying the full amount.
    Yes, I'd be amazed if we're paying Ojo over the odds given the club are cutting back on wages. We'd have to consider him a major star to do that.

I have no idea on City wages but a friends brother plays in the Championship and they have his salary correct from his new contact this season.

if we are paying that much for ojo it would probably be that we were suddenly desperate to bring someone in after the NML situation suddenly reared its head and Liverpool good advantage.

maybe they felt pity on us and let us have Wilson too

Bacuna on £27,500 pw !! Who is his agent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    A relative of Warnock?

Compare with Coventry. They're a useful side, but wages a tiny fraction of our wages. Just shows the fiscal benefit of coming up the leagues as opposed to coming down.

These are the same wages as on Football Manager. While some will be correct(ish), some will be way out. We know what the total wage bill is though.

That's the one that stood out for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    These are the same wages as on Football Manager. While some will be correct(ish), some will be way out. We know what the total wage bill is though.
    So what it is then? The total wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That's the one that stood out for me too.
    Is Bacuna worth more than Morrison in terms of wages paid ?

If these are even close it doesn't have any baring on their actual value for money.

I would assume some wages are low due to the transfer fees paid, which makes you wonder - wouldn't it be better for all if transfer fees were just scrapped?

Is Bacuna worth more than Morrison in terms of wages paid ?
    Not for me.