+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Pike In The River Taff Are Going To Get Right Leathering This Winter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Pike In The River Taff Are Going To Get Right Leathering This Winter

Quote Originally Posted by SBF1 View Post
    Get down Port Talbot Dock for Pike, Sludge. We have regular course fishing matches and the pike are a nuisance.

I have had my keepnet attacked by a pike, that I estimate of at least 30lb.
    The club I am in has the rights to fish there , although I have never fished it

The pike are supposed to be huge in there due to the huge stocks of bream , roach etc to feed on

Yes mate, I have a GA key too.
    Although I am not a member, I have a key because I run the matches for "Dai the worm" so I have to have access.
    Always getting pike attacks there. Big perch, mullet, bass and flounders in there..

Quote Originally Posted by SBF1 View Post
    Yes mate, I have a GA key too.
    Although I am not a member, I have a key because I run the matches for "Dai the worm" so I have to have access.
    Always getting pike attacks there. Big perch, mullet, bass and flounders in there..
    Dai is the baliff down there still ?

The pike in port Talbot Dock are called shovel heads because they feed mostly on the huge bream shoals , as they do in Llangorse

Whats the depth like in the Dock?

I wonder how all the coarse fish got in there , it must have been stocked