+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peter Sutcliffe dead.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Peter Sutcliffe dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Doesn't wishing someone a painful death make one as depraved and savage as he was ?
    No. He preyed on innocent people and committed violent and disturbing acts. Wanting him to suffer seems fairly natural to me. It's why we put people in prison. It's why some say that prison isn't enough. If someone said they wanted to do to Sutcliffe what he did to others, you might have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. He preyed on innocent people and committed violent and disturbing acts. Wanting him to suffer seems fairly natural to me. It's why we put people in prison. It's why some say that prison isn't enough. If someone said they wanted to do to Sutcliffe what he did to others, you might have a point.
    Would you feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that Sutcliffe suffered in his final hours? Just out of interest really. The son of one of the victims spoke really well about his death, he spoke more about getting on with things, his family and the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Would you feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that Sutcliffe suffered in his final hours? Just out of interest really. The son of one of the victims spoke really well about his death, he spoke more about getting on with things, his family and the future.
    I don't think It would give me a sense of satisfaction. But I think I'd prefer he suffered than not suffer. I really don't know. it doesn't affect me personally. In general, I like to forget people like him ever existed and I think it would be better if we all did. But then I also get that true crime and ****ed up shit are fascinating. And I have watched and enjoyed shows like Mindhunter. It's obviously much different if something like that has actually touched your life. And fortunately for me, I have no way to know how those people would feel.