+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Peter Sutcliffe dead.

Peter Sutcliffe dead.

The Yorkshire Ripper refused to have treatment for Covid apparently. Won't be many RIP's for him.

Re: Peter Sutcliffe dead.

One evil Cnut

International

Burn his body and flush it down the nearest toilet. Simple!

Rot in hell you evil bastard

Good, rot in hell

Did they ever diagnose him as a schizophrenic with delusions or did they conclude he was an evil bustard? I seem to remember him saying he heard voices but the psychiatrists can suss out a psychopath from a schizophrenic easily enough

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Did they ever diagnose him as a schizophrenic with delusions or did they conclude he was an evil bustard? I seem to remember him saying he heard voices but the psychiatrists can suss out a psychopath from a schizophrenic easily enough
    The fact he was moved from Broadmoor to a normal prison suggests not. He was just evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The fact he was moved from Broadmoor to a normal prison suggests not. He was just evil.
    Thats the answer I was looking for. Hope he had a painful demise . People like him , Jeffrey Dharmer etc are indeed bad , not mad .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thats the answer I was looking for. Hope he had a painful demise . People like him , Jeffrey Dharmer etc are indeed bad , not mad .
    It's not a simple line that can be drawn in the sand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    On the whole I agree , I am certainly not one of the hang em high brigade

Clearly Dharmer was abused and bullied as a child as was levi bellfield who murdered millie downer and several other women

The thing is many people are abused as children and don't go round killing people . Or murdering vulnerable prostitutes .

Psychopathology tries to determine if someone is ill or just horrible and of course it does always get it right

A bloke who walks around with a gun shooting people who has been under the mental health services hearing voices since he was 17 is clearly unwell and needs to be in a secure hospital . I wouldn't wish any harm to come to him .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Just finished reading the Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson, it seems it is.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Burn his body and flush it down the nearest toilet. Simple!
    That is so ****ing impractical.

These Are The 13 Women Murdered By Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe: "Let's show the faces of those he killed, not him."

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...Sk7DqdE84FzMiw
    What do we think of this? These should have their names remembered instead of his, but should they also be allowed to thought of separately and would we have this article without his dying?

I wonder if Leeds will hold a minutes silence for him?

Gosh will miss him , hope it was dreadful painfully.

Tributes coming in tonight in Leeds saying he was the best attacker they had produced in over a decade.😜

Doesn't wishing someone a painful death make one as depraved and savage as he was ?

Wishing someone a painful death doesn't make one as depraved and savage as he was

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Doesn't wishing someone a painful death make one as depraved and savage as he was ?
    No. He preyed on innocent people and committed violent and disturbing acts. Wanting him to suffer seems fairly natural to me. It's why we put people in prison. It's why some say that prison isn't enough. If someone said they wanted to do to Sutcliffe what he did to others, you might have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. He preyed on innocent people and committed violent and disturbing acts. Wanting him to suffer seems fairly natural to me. It's why we put people in prison. It's why some say that prison isn't enough. If someone said they wanted to do to Sutcliffe what he did to others, you might have a point.
    Would you feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that Sutcliffe suffered in his final hours? Just out of interest really. The son of one of the victims spoke really well about his death, he spoke more about getting on with things, his family and the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Would you feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that Sutcliffe suffered in his final hours? Just out of interest really. The son of one of the victims spoke really well about his death, he spoke more about getting on with things, his family and the future.
    I don't think It would give me a sense of satisfaction. But I think I'd prefer he suffered than not suffer. I really don't know. it doesn't affect me personally. In general, I like to forget people like him ever existed and I think it would be better if we all did. But then I also get that true crime and ****ed up shit are fascinating. And I have watched and enjoyed shows like Mindhunter. It's obviously much different if something like that has actually touched your life. And fortunately for me, I have no way to know how those people would feel.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Just finished reading the Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson, it seems it is.
    Surely psychopathy is just one component of the bad v mad proposition though.

Should have been kept in solitary in one of those super max USA prisons not the soft versions we have .

I read somewhere that his wife was granted a free rail pass to visit him and continued to do so for years .

We are way too nice .

All these headlines and media stories won't help the relatives of the poor victims

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Should have been kept in solitary in one of those super max USA prisons not the soft versions we have .

I read somewhere that his wife was granted a free rail pass to visit him and continued to do so for years .

We are way too nice .

All these headlines and media stories won't help the relatives of the poor victims
    There' something called the assisted prison visit scheme where visitors who have to travel, and on low income, are allowed to claim back the travel expenses. It's the same rule for every prisoner and i think one visitor.