+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2003 Playoff Final v QPR

Re: 2003 Playoff Final v QPR

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah anyone thinking the football was better in the lower leagues than now is either looking at it with rose tinted glasses , lying or needs locking up.

It was generally utter shit.
    True, mixed but it seemed real and a different time.

Harris doesn't seem to connect, talks out of a book of how to manage interviews for chavs.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Was it the football or the craic that attracted us down there
    The craic , we were younger.

Not the football. Mostly it was complete shit.

Those attending behond that final dont realise football wise how lucky theyve been.

Before that we played Crewe and us winning would have been an upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    didn't we finish in 13th that season?
    Ultimately. Toward the end of November we were a point off the playoffs but a disastrous run of 5 defeats in 8 left us with a lot to do. We were still in the hunt for a playoff spot with 7 games to go but 1 point in the next 3 games finished off the challenge.

That side managed the 5th highest goal tally since promotion back in 2003. We were also the fifth highest scorers in the division that season. Jones's sides in 2010 and 11 were the top two, followed by Malky's champions, then Warnock's runners-up. In fact, Warnock's team scored 1 more goal than Lennie's promoted side.

Talking of Crewe wasnt it Jason Bowen who scored a 25 yard own goal v them? And he was one of our better players in the lower leagues.

Talking of Crewe wasnt it Jason Bowen who scored a 25 yard own goal v them? And he was one of our better players in the lower leagues.
    My favourite City own goal that one.

Looking outside its pissing down. To think 30 years ago on a similar day I could be in the back of a transit van with a can, a sore head,travelling to somewhere like Lincoln to watch 2 garbage teams and loving the whole day. I do know it wasnt the football on display Ienjoyed. Great times but im sure it would have been better if we were at the level we are now.

Looking outside its pissing down. To think 30 years ago on a similar day I could be in the back of a transit van with a can, a sore head,travelling to somewhere like Lincoln to watch 2 garbage teams and loving the whole day. I do know it wasnt the football on display Ienjoyed. Great times but im sure it would have been better if we were at the level we are now.
    I could never sleep the night before an away day i used to get so excited

It was a terrific own goal from a tight angle. Commentary from the late, legendary Phil Suarez. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AptzTr9mgVZEgndL-EKCPEMTA7A0

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Away games are so much more fun, love ‘em still. First one was Plymouth 1967, a 0-0 draw, went with some older school mates, always tell Peter Scully, one of the 15 years old elder statesmen , when I see him that he owes me thousands for getting me hooked that day. So glad that I experienced 50 odd years of going away as it’s all up in the air whether we’ll be on our travels any time soon. Even though the calibre of football has improved it is all still more of a ‘90 minutes in the middle of a good day out’ thing regarding the game itself for me. I really miss it and am worrying that I won’t experience it again.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Away games are so much more fun, love ‘em still. First one was Plymouth 1967, a 0-0 draw, went with some older school mates, always tell Peter Scully, one of the 15 years old elder statesmen , when I see him that he owes me thousands for getting me hooked that day. So glad that I experienced 50 odd years of going away as it’s all up in the air whether we’ll be on our travels any time soon. Even though the calibre of football has improved it is all still more of a ‘90 minutes in the middle of a good day out’ thing regarding the game itself for me. I really miss it and am worrying that I won’t experience it again.

How much have you saved Steve. ?

My bank account has never looked so healthy

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    How much have you saved Steve. ?

My bank account has never looked so healthy
    Ssssshhhhhhh!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My favourite City own goal that one.
    I remember that game. FA Cup wasn't it?

Night games at Scarborough, Colchester and Stockport. Leaving Barry at 5:30am to get to Hartlepool. Teams that barely had grounds. Shit football. Disappointing results. Great times though.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post