+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2003 Playoff Final v QPR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2003 Playoff Final v QPR

Yeah anyone thinking the football was better in the lower leagues than now is either looking at it with rose tinted glasses , lying or needs locking up.

It was generally utter shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah anyone thinking the football was better in the lower leagues than now is either looking at it with rose tinted glasses , lying or needs locking up.

Who said it was better? I said it was more enjoyable for the reasons stated although I did refer to rose tinted specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Who said it was better? I said it was more enjoyable for the reasons stated although I did refer to rose tinted specs.
    I enjoyed it more, partic when Sam took over and then we got promoted to the championship etc. It was just so good to be out of the lower leagues and playing proper clubs instead of Colchester, Shrewsbury and Rochdale

Replace more enjoyable with better and I stick with what I said. The football mainly was complete shit to watch.

If you enjoyed Andy Kerr , Andy Saville , Cameron Toshack and the likes then fair enough.

Replace more enjoyable with better and I stick with what I said. The football mainly was complete shit to watch.

If you enjoyed Andy Kerr , Andy Saville , Cameron Toshack and the likes then fair enough.
    You have substituted what I said with what you think I said. Outrageous! Of course we have better players now. When did I say we didn't?

You have substituted what I said with what you think I said. Outrageous! Of course we have better players now. When did I say we didn't?
    Of course we have better players. Never suggested you thought otherwise.

You just enjoyed it when we really were crap.

A shame we couldn’t last the pace that one season, was it 2007/08? The year we drew with WBA in the Hartson heckling game, we started like a train but fell away badly. The infamous Leeds cup tie was still fresh in the memory and a season or two in the Premier League with the same atmosphere at the hostile shit pit that was Ninian Park may have earned us enough home points to bed in and move to the new ground with a few Premier seasons under our belt and a tad more established. As much as I knew we had to move and much prefer the new ground, a season or two in the Premier League over the road would have been mighty interesting.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Was it the football or the craic that attracted us down there

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Was it the football or the craic that attracted us down there
    The craic , we were younger.

Not the football. Mostly it was complete shit.

Those attending behond that final dont realise football wise how lucky theyve been.

Before that we played Crewe and us winning would have been an upset.

True, mixed but it seemed real and a different time.

Harris doesn't seem to connect, talks out of a book of how to manage interviews for chavs.