+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pulis appointed manager of Sheffield Wednesday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pulis appointed manager of Sheffield Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think some on here are totally unfair on Neil Warnock.
    Took us from potential danger to promotion while galvanizing the fans at a time when it was desperately needed.

We were unlucky in the Premier League.
    If VAR had been implemented it could have been different not to mention the Sala tragedy.

I remain a big fan of his.
    I don’t think anyone questions the positives Warnock did.

Posts are in response to the Ridiculous post saying he is a better manager than Pulis, when the respective CV’s would show otherwise.

Personally, if Warnock had been more positive at an awful Fulham, and not made the mystifying decision to bring on an out of his depth Healy as our saviour, instead of Reid, we MAY have stayed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    I don’t think anyone questions the positives Warnock did.

Posts are in response to the Ridiculous post saying he is a better manager than Pulis, when the respective CV’s would show otherwise.

Personally, if Warnock had been more positive at an awful Fulham, and not made the mystifying decision to bring on an out of his depth Healy as our saviour, instead of Reid, we MAY have stayed up.
    Maybe if he'd have sent them out with the same freedom he did at Old Trafford, we'd have got something.

Between the wins over Fulham and Southampton, we won 4 out of 5 home games. After that, we won 7 points from 10 home games and conceded more goals at home than any other team in the Premier League. Oddly, our away form was the 11th best in the division over the same spell after winning 1 point from our opening 7 away games, courtesy of a 0-0 at 10 man Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Maybe if he'd have sent them out with the same freedom he did at Old Trafford, we'd have got something.

Between the wins over Fulham and Southampton, we won 4 out of 5 home games. After that, we won 7 points from 10 home games and conceded more goals at home than any other team in the Premier League. Oddly, our away form was the 11th best in the division over the same spell after winning 1 point from our opening 7 away games, courtesy of a 0-0 at 10 man Huddersfield.
    There is no way that we would have played like we did against Man Utd if we still had a chance of avoiding relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    There is no way that we would have played like we did against Man Utd if we still had a chance of avoiding relegation.
    I agree. It would have been the same, cagey display we saw at Fulham, hope to keep it tight and pinch a goal.