+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Masters

The Masters

Anybody watching?

It is strange seeing what in my opinion is the best major with no crowds but still special, such a pretty course.
    Pin positions for rounds 1 and 2 meant some good scores posted, particularly the first.

Unbelievable effort by twice winner Bernard Langer becoming the oldest player to make the cut at 63, his 37th Masters.
    He looked knackered in his interview having had to play a round and a half yesterday.
    I'd struggle just walking the course these days!

Tough to call the winner from the leading bunch but I like the look of DJ. Started his second round like a train, spluttered, then rallied.

Re: The Masters

Watched a bit yesterday In the pub , with a nice couple of pints , love to see Lee Westwood win it

yes watched it yesterday, think Fleetwood has every chance and Rory came back well
    Amazing to see Dechambeau loose a ball plugged just short of the green shows how soft the course is away from the undersoil heated greens

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Watched a bit yesterday In the pub , with a nice couple of pints , love to see Lee Westwood win it
    Yes, he deserves a major, can't see it happening now though, he's destined to be another Colin Montgomerie I think.

Its incredible Montgomery never won a major. He was really unlucky in one case where he was leader at the US open in the clubhouse and they came in for bad weather. They went back out and overtaken.

Westwood very good player let down a little by his short game.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Anybody watching?

It is strange seeing what in my opinion is the best major with no crowds but still special, such a pretty course.
    Pin positions for rounds 1 and 2 meant some good scores posted, particularly the first.

Unbelievable effort by twice winner Bernard Langer becoming the oldest player to make the cut at 63, his 37th Masters.
    He looked knackered in his interview having had to play a round and a half yesterday.
    I'd struggle just walking the course these days!

Tough to call the winner from the leading bunch but I like the look of DJ. Started his second round like a train, spluttered, then rallied.
    Agreed, incredible by Langer fair play

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its incredible Montgomery never won a major. He was really unlucky in one case where he was leader at the US open in the clubhouse and they came in for bad weather. They went back out and overtaken.

Westwood very good player let down a little by his short game.
    Being number 1 in the world, as Westwood has been and Montgomerie, so dominant on the European circuit for a very long time somehow doesn't seem enough.
    Sure these guys have made a hell of a living from golf but winning a major must be life changing.

Don't know why, and it may sound strange, but I look at Monty and think failure.
    Wish I was as big a failure in life as him

I really enjoy the masters. My favourite major.

Langher was extremely dominant in the senior tour a few years ago and the experience he has counts for a lot.

Hopefully it will stay tight over the next day so can have an exciting end.

My bets are on DJ and Justin Thomas but there's so many players in with a shot I'd like to see Phil win another

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I really enjoy the masters. My favourite major.

Langher was extremely dominant in the senior tour a few years ago and the experience he has counts for a lot.

Hopefully it will stay tight over the next day so can have an exciting end.

My bets are on DJ and Justin Thomas but there's so many players in with a shot I'd like to see Phil win another
    Generally just want anyone other than an American. Mickelson though plays the game with a smile on his face. Hes an exception. Superb short game skills.

Bit of drama at the moment, Dechambeau in trouble overshoots the green on the 18th. He needs to get up and down to make the (projected) cut.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Bit of drama at the moment, Dechambeau in trouble overshoots the green on the 18th. He needs to get up and down to make the (projected) cut.
    Just made it, evens after bogeying!
    Gorgeous chip to within inches from Graeme McDowell at the last to just sneak in.

Generally just want anyone other than an American. Mickelson though plays the game with a smile on his face. Hes an exception. Superb short game skills.
    My mate is a huge Tiger Woods fan but I've never liked his attitude or personality. I just think that Woods gives standard answers in interviews and never comes across as sincere.

I'm with you regarding Mr Mickelson. Leftie does play with a smile on his face as does Fred Couples, another favourite of mine. And Tom Watson, who seems like a real gentleman. Really don't like Speith or many of the other Americans.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Its incredible Montgomery never won a major. He was really unlucky in one case where he was leader at the US open in the clubhouse and they came in for bad weather. They went back out and overtaken..
    I remember watching on tv when everybody was congratulating Monty. I recall vividly the look on his face when Tom Kite completed his round to win by three shots and claim his only major. I played at Pebble Beach as a guest on a very calm day but you can imagine when it’s stormy there’s nowhere to hide.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/go...ble-Beach.html

I take Dechambeau or DJ to win it this time.

So Dustin Johnson won it at a stroll and by the lowest score ever.

His missus and brother are balling their eyes out and he just looks so cool, like he'd just come off a practise round.
    He's going to win quite a few of these.

Rory McIlroy surprised me and although he never had a chance of winning after a blip on his second round, he stuck in there.

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would after.

Johnson won it comfortably in the end. To see Tiger Woods take a 10 (ten) (teleprinter style there!) At the par 3 12th, ,and then birdie 5 of the next 6 holes was incredible too.

Yeah, fair play to Woods. Many would have thrown the toys out of the pram.

Hey, the presentation in the Masters are decades ahead of their time.... that's proper social distancing