Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
Considering how long we had to wait, 22 years to get to a tournament is not that long and not winning one of these qualifiers in regular time does take the shine off a bit so can see what you mean about the media going OTT; however, in terms of what they can do or whether their success will last, don't we have to look at how old their squad is, where they're playing football and whether they have good players across the park? Don't think they have much at CB but I could get a premier league quality full-backs, midfield and attack out of their squad with most of those 23-29 years old. With 2 games at home, it wouldn't surprise me to see them get out of the group stages now that they've got there.

What a strange team Serbia are though? They haven't qualified for Euros since 2000 but have qualified for 3 out of 4 World Cups in the same period. What is going on there?
The weird thing with Scotland is in spite of having a fairly old squad, they don't have much in the way of international experience. Their current squad has an average age of 27.4 and just 402 caps between them. Compare that to Wales with an average age of 24.2 and 482 caps between them, and that's a Wales squad without the experience of Hennessey (94), Ramsey (61), Allen (56) and HRK (45)

Scotland unfortunately have a tough group but on home turf could do some damage if fans are allowed. I think England & Croatia will have too much for them and Scotland's first team only just about got past the Czech C team a couple of months ago