+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cameron Jerome

Cameron Jerome

Scores for mk dons today

Re: Cameron Jerome

We all have a moan about our non scoring centre forwards, but, apart from Jay Bothroyd, I'd say Jerome has the best scoring rate out of our target man type strikers in the past fifteen years or so.

Actually, I've just looked it up and it's very close between Bothroyd and Jerome - the former managed 41 in 116 league games and Jerome scored twenty four in seventy three, he wasn't really appreciated that much by City fans while he was here was he.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We all have a moan about our non scoring centre forwards, but, apart from Jay Bothroyd, I'd say Jerome has the best scoring rate out of our target man type strikers in the past fifteen years or so.

Actually, I've just looked it up and it's very close between Bothroyd and Jerome - the former managed 41 in 116 league games and Jerome scored twenty four in seventy three, he wasn't really appreciated that much by City fans while he was here was he.
    I can remember a night game up at Hillsborough and he was virtually unplayable, pace, strength the lot, he was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I can remember a night game up at Hillsborough and he was virtually unplayable, pace, strength the lot, he was outstanding.
    If I'm thinking of the right game, it was televised - Koumas was superb as well.

If I'm thinking of the right game, it was televised - Koumas was superb as well.
    It was, they were a terrific partnership and that was early enough in the season before teams started double marking Koumas!

I liked Jerome, I remember his debut against Leeds I dont think I'd ever seen a player as quick.

He must have been only 21 when left us. He has had a decent enough career

I think he was very much appreciated at the time and we were sad to see him go, but didn’t he have a dig at the club soon after leaving which angered a lot of city fans. Can’t remember the details now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I think he was very much appreciated at the time and we were sad to see him go, but didn’t he have a dig at the club soon after leaving which angered a lot of city fans. Can’t remember the details now.
    You're right, he did an interview a few months before he left where he talked about signing for another team and that did annoy a lot of City fans, but there was also some talk about how he had been set up to talk that way. However, the way I remember it was that virtually all of the credit for what was a surprising Play Off challenge was going to Koumas at the throughout that season.

Some time after he left and we were playing close to the club he was at, didn't he buy a ticket to watch us? There must have still been some fondness for City there.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I was at that game and you’re right he murdered them

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Some time after he left and we were playing close to the club he was at, didn't he buy a ticket to watch us? There must have still been some fondness for City there.
    He did. I know he was very hurt by the reaction and there's no love lost now. His comments after scoring against us vs Derby are proof of that!