+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Grand Prix and other sports

Re: The Grand Prix and other sports

I used to love watching World of Sport, with Dickie Davies. However, when horseracing, rugby league, golf, wrestling or any form of car racing used to come on, it was a signal to go out and do something.

Is it an environmentally friendly sport , if not I'm writing a nasty letter to that Lewis fella about the responsibility to our planet , with all the logistics in moving these events and its fans around the around the world it must be effecting something , never forgetting their private jets and boats .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is it an environmentally friendly sport , if not I'm writing a nasty letter to that Lewis fella about the responsibility to our planet , with all the logistics in moving these events and its fans around the around the world it must be effecting something .
    I'd get someone else to write it for you, 90% of the stuff you write on here makes absolutely no sense

I can understand peoples views on F1, It is hit and miss. However it’s not just stick a driver in a car and go as fast as you can. There is a lot of strategy and tactics leading up and throughout a race. The Drivers are some of the fittest athletes on the planet and it’s down right dangerous what they do and the skill set they have phenomenal. Races can go right to the wire, puncture, engine cut out, anything can affect the result right up to the finish. I enjoy it, my third fave sport after football and rugby but I wouldn’t push it on anyone if their not interested. It is the marmite of sport.
    What Hamilton did today though was a sheer masterclass in driving and strategy skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I can understand peoples views on F1, It is hit and miss. However it’s not just stick a driver in a car and go as fast as you can. There is a lot of strategy and tactics leading up and throughout a race. The Drivers are some of the fittest athletes on the planet and it’s down right dangerous what they do and the skill set they have phenomenal. Races can go right to the wire, puncture, engine cut out, anything can affect the result right up to the finish. I enjoy it, my third fave sport after football and rugby but I wouldn’t push it on anyone if their not interested. It is the marmite of sport.
    What Hamilton did today though was a sheer masterclass in driving and strategy skill.
    He was immense today, shut a few of the "It'S juSt CoZ HE'a goT tHe BeSt CAr" crowd up

[QUOTE=delmbox;5135976]I'd get someone else to write it for you, 90% of the stuff you write on here makes absolutely no sense[/QUOTE

I’m affected by the effect he has on me

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    ''But I simply cannot understand the pleasure of watching a bloke drive 100 Laps around a track''

But I simply cannot understand the pleasure of watching a float bobbing about for hours on end.

Each to their own and all that, but I get a lot more pleasure out of watching drivers wheel to wheel at over 200mph
    I don't fish with floats , I fish for predators with imitation fish

There are lots of ways to fish

But grand prix consists of blokes doing lap after lap chasing each other in odd looking cars

And thats it

Its like watching a tumble dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I am not doubting the fitness and expertise of these guys , the stress they must be under making split second decisions must be incredible

I get hot headed on the Coryton roundabout interchange