+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ray Clemence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Ray Clemence

Bob Wilson ( Gunners ) keeper just spoke of Clemence as being a real gent and a great keeper , and managed gracefully being in the shadow of Shilton .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bob Wilson ( Gunners ) keeper just spoke of Clemence as being a real gent and a great keeper , and managed gracefully being in the shadow of Shilton .
    I do remember him letting a soft one in through his legs up at hampden against Kenny Dalglish

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm not sure about being in Shilton's shadow, Clemence and Shilton played alternatively under Ron Greenwood when he was England manager even in competitive matches because he said he genuinely couldn't say which one of them was the better. I always thought Shelton was more of a manufactured goalkeeper, while Clemence was more of a natural - what's certain is that they'd both win something like 150 caps for England if either one of them were around now.

RIP