+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The story of The Stand's 'I'll Be There' 10 years on

The story of The Stand's 'I'll Be There' 10 years on

The story of the Welsh supergroup, the miners' folk song and the ‘stolen’ FA Cup - and how it led to a moment of football history. Remembering The Stand's 'I'll Be There', 10 years on - a tale of resilience, pride and honour deeply rooted in the South Wales coalfields.

https://nation.cymru/culture/the-wel...stolen-fa-cup/

Re: The story of The Stand's 'I'll Be There' 10 years on

10 years

Never seen any of these football films the article speaks about Jonny Owen making.. anyone? Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Never seen any of these football films the article speaks about Jonny Owen making.. anyone? Any good?
    The about Wales and the 2016 euros was good

Hes just made one about Jock Stein, Bill Shankly and Matt Busby that looks pretty good.

On the subject of Jonny Owen, he and his Mrs look remarkably similar. Bit weird.

I Believe In Miracles - the story of Nottingham Forest’s European Cup victories is class. As is Don’t Take Me Home, about Wales at the Euro 2016.

His new film, The Three Kings, looks certain to keep up the quality control.

Wasn't there some big dispute over this song? I'm pretty sure no money went to the statue and the club stopped playing it.

Love the chant and it’s history but tended to think this rendition was a bit crap really, even more disappointing given some of the people involved in it.

The chant tended to remind me a little of the marseillaise when sung but this recorded version felt more like the Dropkick Murphy’s.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Love the chant and it’s history but tended to think this rendition was a bit crap really, even more disappointing given some of the people involved in it.

The chant tended to remind me a little of the marseillaise when sung but this recorded version felt more like the Dropkick Murphy’s.
    agree with this. I always thought the cadence of the song was just wrong, and offbeat from the chant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post

This exactly. Unimaginative, laddish and forgettable. In no way worthy of a "10 years after" story. Someone is either shamelessly self-promoting or lazily scraping the barrel.