+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Shopping

Re: Christmas Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Castle Street is closed, and you can't turn left where Newport Road meets Queen Street.
    A total nightmare for anyone trying to park in town, and for anyone trying to drive across town.
    Guaranteed to finish off the city centre, if Covid and rent payments hasn't already done it.
    What on earth is our council doing?
    I'll have a bet with you that none of this is guaranteed to finish off the city centre.

Castle Street is closed, and you can't turn left where Newport Road meets Queen Street.
    A total nightmare for anyone trying to park in town, and for anyone trying to drive across town.
    Guaranteed to finish off the city centre, if Covid and rent payments hasn't already done it.
    What on earth is OUR COUNCIL DOING ??

Saying they are after "Cleaner Air", in city centre, unfortunately no one is bothering, because of traffic jams, to go into the City Centre

What on earth is our council doing?
    Personally would like to see all cars banned form the centre - no need for it. More large open plazas, more eateries and independents would be good, open up the canals again.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Personally would like to see all cars banned FORM the centre - no need for it. More large open plazas, more eateries and independents would be good, open up the canals again.

In what form would this be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Personally would like to see all cars banned form the centre - no need for it. More large open plazas, more eateries and independents would be good, open up the canals again.
    There’ll be complaints of barge jams then, nowhere to park your punt and boat owners would be the only people able to get to town Banning cars from the vicinity of the city centre would be the death knell, the public transport that we have has to skirt around it now. Folk like to get as near as possible to their destinations without walking, can’t see that changing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So you would be happy with all City/Town centres and shopping malls to become ghost towns putting hundreds of thousands out of work just to shop online?
    Thats up to others , my choice is to shop online whenever I can , its an utter waste of time which I could use listening to music or going fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Funny you should mention hell. Maybe that's what hell is - an eternal version of Mc.Aurthur Glen where we unrepentant sinners go when we die and have to spend the rest of eternity there!
    People wander round there all day , like zombies

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thats up to others , my choice is to shop online whenever I can , its an utter waste of time which I could use listening to music or going fishing
    I bet you fish on line

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I bet you fish on line
    They are all in tonight !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are all in tonight !
    I’m here all week!!