+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody watch pointless ?

Does anybody watch pointless ?

It fried my brain after a week

Never mind the contestants what worries me is that people sit in the studio audience to watch that

Re: Does anybody watch pointless ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It fried my brain after a week

Never mind the contestants what worries me is that people sit in the studio audience to watch that
    Nah. Prefer House of Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I like countdown when vorderman was younger

Nope , find it pointless .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Nope , find it pointless .
    I see what you did there.

The Chase for me every time.
    Used to watch Pointless but Richard Osman, who I'd never heard of before, after since seeing him on other shows I now find annoying.

The Chase has got it all in light entertainment for me.
    Quiz, humour, decent banter from the Chasers, Bradley Walsh and the contestants.

Bradley Walsh is the best compere in the business IMO, a complete natural and naturally funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Used to watch Pointless but Richard Osman, who I'd never heard of before, after since seeing him on other shows I now find annoying.

Quiz, humour, decent banter from the Chasers, Bradley Walsh and the contestants.

Bradley Walsh is the best compere in the business IMO, a complete natural and naturally funny.
    Just don't get him to commentate on skiing when Fanny Chmelar is competing.

Just don't get him to commentate on skiing when Fanny Chmelar is competing.
    Classic

I like House of Games, but it doesn't half make me feel old and they assume everyone has read everything Roald Dahl ever wrote when I've not read a word of his stuff.

Despite telling every contestant who gets a grand/2 grand in the cash builder round, “You’re a better player than that”. No they’re not Bradley, that why they only knew one or two f*cking answers.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I like House of Games, but it doesn't half make me feel old and they assume everyone has read everything Roald Dahl ever wrote when I've not read a word of his stuff.
    Hope it didn't make you feel a bit of a Twit?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Despite telling every contestant who gets a grand/2 grand in the cash builder round, “You’re a better player than that”. No they’re not Bradley, that why they only knew one or two f*cking answers.

Well he's hardly going to say "two grand, feckin two grand you dozy cow!" as nobody will ever have a go for fear of thinking they're not clever enough.

I've noticed that if a contestant gets an easy question wrong in the cash builder because they have either mis-heard it or didn't get the connotation they go to pieces but it's doesn't make them thick, they just can't handle the moment.

I do feel for Shaun "fifty five, fifty five thousand at times as Walsh ruins him all the time.

Well he's hardly going to say "two grand, feckin two grand you dozy cow!" as nobody will ever have a go for fear of thinking they're not clever enough.

I've noticed that if a contestant gets an easy question wrong in the cash builder because they have either mis-heard it or didn't get the connotation they go to pieces but it's doesn't make them thick, they just can't handle the moment.

I do feel for Shaun "fifty five, fifty five thousand at times as Walsh ruins him all the time.
    You're right. Contestants have to be able to demonstrate general knowledge ability to get on the show in the first place. TV cameras do things to some people. I'd fancy my chances on there but I could well end up with questions I have no idea about, might not get on with the cameras and the situation, and look like an absolute tool.

You're right. Contestants have to be able to demonstrate general knowledge ability to get on the show in the first place. TV cameras do things to some people. I'd fancy my chances on there but I could well end up with questions I have no idea about, might not get on with the cameras and the situation, and look like an absolute tool.
    let's do this bradley
    last question shoot out

I watch it every evening but still fail to find Jenny ‘The Vixen’ Ryan as attractive as Bradley makes out and who is this mystery Chaser? Him or her are mentioned every episode but are yet to make an appearance. It really is a ‘shout at the telly’ show, whether deriding a contestant or disagreeing with Bradley’s opinion of the contestant’s calibre. The Beast seems to be a prick of a man in my opinion borne out by an incident my mate had with him once.

I watch it every evening but still fail to find Jenny ‘The Vixen’ Ryan as attractive as Bradley makes out and who is this mystery Chaser? Him or her are mentioned every episode but are yet to make an appearance. It really is a ‘shout at the telly’ show, whether deriding a contestant or disagreeing with Bradley’s opinion of the contestant’s calibre. The Beast seems to be a prick of a man in my opinion borne out by an incident my mate had with him once.
    You watch it every night, but you don't know who the Chaser is?

It's quite easy to imagine your mind going blank under the time pressure and the bright lights.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Hope it didn't make you feel a bit of a Twit?
    That's something I learned from watching House of Games last week .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's quite easy to imagine your mind going blank under the time pressure and the bright lights.
    Mine does that without the lights and time pressure!

I agree. She's overweight and self-opinionated bitch. Thinks she's better than she actually is.

What happened

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You watch it every night, but you don't know who the Chaser is?
    Do you? When they go through the ‘Who will you be taking on?’ part of the show after the first contestant’s cash builder, every Chaser is shown but recently there’s been a blanked out face and Bradley says ‘Will it be the new mystery Chaser?’ So, yes I watch it every evening yet the mystery Chaser hasn’t come forward yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    What happened
    Tell you later, bit pushed for time at the moment.

Tell you later, bit pushed for time at the moment.
    Great

I enjoy Pointless, we record it and watch it later in the evening so you can fast forward through the talking bits. I got a couple of pointless answers the other night naming players from the Liverpool - Roma European cup final in 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I enjoy Pointless, we record it and watch it later in the evening so you can fast forward through the talking bits. I got a couple of pointless answers the other night naming players from the Liverpool - Roma European cup final in 1984
    Ninian Park was a pointless answer re. Railway stations of the UK.