+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Rashford

Marcus Rashford

Re: Marcus Rashford

He’s amazing isn’t he. Can’t believe there are still people who hate him for trying to feed poor kids.

And the Mail having a go at him because he wants to secure his future for himself and his family. He is truly a man of compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    And the Mail having a go at him because he wants to secure his future for himself and his family. He is truly a man of compassion.
    The type of person that's offended by Rashford/Sterling etc buying flash houses is the same type of person who don't like Lewis Hamilton because "he's full of himself and needs to wind his neck in"

When you think of how many "flash" footballers there are knocking around these days with their cars, jewellery, show houses etc... he's putting these narcissists to shame.
    How proud would you be if he was your son?

By the way I have no idea what the rag mail has said or is saying about him and I guess he probably doesn't either now he's got into his books and even if he does, I doubt he takes much notice.

Well done Marcus. What an amazing young man.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    When you think of how many "flash" footballers there are knocking around these days with their cars, jewellery, show houses etc... he's putting these narcissists to shame.

By the way I have no idea what the rag mail has said or is saying about him and I guess he probably doesn't either now he's got into his books and even if he does, I doubt he takes much notice.

He is a force for good for sure.

He’s bought 3 houses for £2 million and is investing in property to secure his and his family’s future. They’re having a go at him about it.

He’s bought 3 houses for £2 million and is investing in property to secure his and his family’s future. They’re having a go at him about it.
    Complete rag and people fall for it, brainwashed and not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The type of person that's offended by Rashford/Sterling etc buying flash houses is the same type of person who don't like Lewis Hamilton because "he's full of himself and needs to wind his neck in"
    Also known as racist.

I think the question people need to ask themselves is – "why does he have to do this"? The answer is he doesn’t have to, he wants to. Always the acid test for me.

Certain papers seem to have a problem with the wrong type of people getting rich.

Must admit that I read the article and didn't think it was too bad, but I think that was me being a bit dim;-

https://www.theguardian.com/football...oung-black-man

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must admit that I read the article and didn't think it was too bad, but I think that was me being a bit dim;-

https://www.theguardian.com/football...oung-black-man
    Depressing some of that isn't it.

This is why it’s pointless attempting to engage with the internal logic of the piece, or indeed much of the criticism of Rashford since he stepped up his campaign during the summer. Trying to extract any sort of cogent argument or legible worldview here is the equivalent of trying to spot secret messages in your morning cereal. An example: on page 123 of the very same newspaper is a financial columnist urging chancellor Rishi Sunak to resist reforming capital gains tax on the basis that it would “deter wannabe landlords”. Yes, the irony feels cussedly satisfying. But hypocrisy is in many ways the least important of the misdemeanours here.

The wrong type of person geting rich is only part of the problem, it's as much about the wrong type of person stealing the thunder of the privileged having short-cutted his way to fame and fortune.

He is seen as someone who has not earned the right to his position and the adulation he is receiving.

It's akin to a graduate exposing the failings of the middle management in a lunch meeting with the MD.
    They are going to be in for a bumpy ride!

It stinks but it's the way it is.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I like Sterling and Rashford. Never warmed to Hamilton for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I like Sterling and Rashford. Never warmed to Hamilton for some reason.
    Too academical perhaps?

The criticism of Rashford reminds me of the criticism Louise Mensch gave to Occupy London when they bought coffee so many years ago: how can an individual/a group criticise the existing system then take part in/benefit from it it all? As if we're meant to see him as a hypocrite for wanting to look after others and looking after his own in a proportionate way.

Rashford has, smartly, made it known that it's not political but those attacking him are doing so with a political edge, as are some of those defending him or counter-punching.

An impressive individual all round. I’ve no relation to him in any other way but do feel proud of him as someone from a working class background. If the Mail are taking umbrage with him then he’s doing something right, keep it up young man.

Between the reaction to Rashford and the reaction to the latest Sainsbury’s ad it seems racism is getting worse and worse in this country

It’s stuff like this that doesn’t really interest the general public enough to cause the outrage it should.

People get whipped up into a frenzy reading the mail without realising it’s the exact reaction they want.

I subscribe to private eye but quite often find this sort of double standards make it a chore to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Between the reaction to Rashford and the reaction to the latest Sainsbury’s ad it seems racism is getting worse and worse in this country
    Sadly certain world leaders encouraging these people doesnt help. They need to stamped on

Do you remember that time we could have stopped non-domicile tax status being passed down through the generations? Instead we voted for chaos with David Cameron.