+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Had an insurance bet last night...

Had an insurance bet last night...

..did a £10 treble on France Latvia and Finland..just over 10/1..I don't mind losing a tenner to see Wales top the group...if we **** up I'll have the cushion of a £90 profit

Re: Had an insurance bet last night...

.can't believe Finland are 3/1..they beat France 2.0 away last week

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    .can't believe Finland are 3/1..they beat France 2.0 away last week
    Yes, a much changed French side. That result is worth about as much as a thimble of goat piss.

Since a 1-1 draw with Croatia in October 2019, Wales have kept 8 clean sheets in 9 games and have won every competitive home international.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, a much changed French side. That result is worth about as much as a thimble of goat piss.

Since a 1-1 draw with Croatia in October 2019, Wales have kept 8 clean sheets in 9 games and have won every competitive home international.
    Be fair though, we wouldn't be saying that if Wales had gone to the World Champions and won 2-0 would we - it'll be a game between two very confident teams and our lack of creativity must give the Finns plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Be fair though, we wouldn't be saying that if Wales had gone to the World Champions and won 2-0 would we - it'll be a game between two very confident teams and our lack of creativity must give the Finns plenty of reasons to be optimistic.
    True. We've done the opposite and written off a poor result against England because it was a friendly.

I think it's got 0-0 written over it and a new Welsh record for consecutive clean sheets in competitive games.

True. We've done the opposite and written off a poor result against England because it was a friendly.

I think it's got 0-0 written over it and a new Welsh record for consecutive clean sheets in competitive games.
    As someone who thinks the influence of crowds is over rated by many, I must say that I'd be pretty confident about tonight if there was going to be 30,000 Welsh fans there.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As someone who thinks the influence of crowds is over rated by many, I must say that I'd be pretty confident about tonight if there was going to be 30,000 Welsh fans there.
    Maybe the lack of crowd might help us? Romania, Russia, Ireland.....

You’ve well and truly put the mockers on it now. Defeat on the cards.