+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Welsh Government

Feedback

The Welsh Government

do they actually do anything positive ever? They are currently stifling the Welsh property market with their Land Transaction Tax when compared to what Parliament legislates for SDLT. The differences can be quite staggering.

And in case you didn't know, property prices are what support small and medium size business lending, thus fuelling the economy. Once again the Welsh Government are asleep at the wheel.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: The Welsh Government

It appears there are a few on here who work for them so expect to hear from them soon

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    It appears there are a few on here who work for them so expect to hear from them soon
    its only just gone 10am so I imagine they're still on their first coffee break and not yet logged on

Person in 'not liking tax that affects them' shocker.

I'm still pissed of with them putting £10/£20 a week on my shopping bill, with their booze tax.

Can't wait till the elections

[QUOTE=BLUETIT;5136814]I'm still pissed of with them putting £10/£20 a week on my shopping bill, with their booze tax.

/QUOTE]

F*ck me, you’ve cut back, haven’t you???

I've never understood the constant criticism on here for criticisms sake. If you're a labour supporter you don't have to criticize everything the Tories do and vice versa. We've got the best of both worlds at the moment. Not cut off from the union if independent, nor do I believe abolishing the WAG is a good idea either?

I don't like the fact that the Gov prioritizes the environment over a fragile economy, even more so that we know it will always be Labour in charge here for the foreseeable future. Why we don't have big capital investment projects here baffles me!

But the take over in principle of trains, airport etc is a good thing but has been poorly handled.

Not a major fan of the sugar and alcohol tax but not dead against it.

Not all WG decisions have been bad and I don't think the grass is always greener

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    do they actually do anything positive ever? They are currently stifling the Welsh property market with their Land Transaction Tax when compared to what Parliament legislates for SDLT. The differences can be quite staggering.

And in case you didn't know, property prices are what support small and medium size business lending, thus fuelling the economy. Once again the Welsh Government are asleep at the wheel.
    Taken from the government's website....

"The tax collected is used to support public services in Wales."

Sounds good to me. Better public transport. Better hospitals.

You pay this tax when you lease a building or land over 150K or 250K.

Compared to a minimum wager who works in Morrisons, you've probably got to be pretty well off to be able to lease property out.

I'm all for it.

https://gov.wales/land-transaction-tax-guide

Aren't the UK government likely to be increasing taxes on buy to let, capital gains tax that sort of thing too?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Aren't the UK government likely to be increasing taxes on buy to let, capital gains tax that sort of thing too?
    I can't see the Tories advocating tax rises (despite being the government that have collected most tax as a percentage of national income ever). In fact, they're calling for the opposite to try and stimulate the economy.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Taken from the government's website....

"The tax collected is used to support public services in Wales."

Sounds good to me. Better public transport. Better hospitals.

You pay this tax when you lease a building or land over 150K or 250K.

Compared to a minimum wager who works in Morrisons, you've probably got to be pretty well off to be able to lease property out.

I'm all for it.

https://gov.wales/land-transaction-tax-guide
    firstly, the WG block grant has reduced as a result of The WRS now being responsible for collecting LTT. Therefore it does not automatically follow that we will see an increase in revenues to spend on public services. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the Welsh economy is far more fragile than England's and we need all the support to boost it that we can get. Hammering people for tax whilst England is currently reducing the tax burden isn't going to help the Welsh economy at all.

FWIW the case in point I'm talking about is £53k LTT v £21k SDLT. Where do you think the investment will end up - Wales, or just over the border, thus saving £32k?

its not rocket science.

I can't see the Tories advocating tax rises (despite being the government that have collected most tax as a percentage of national income ever). In fact, they're calling for the opposite to try and stimulate the economy.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-fPNj-QLzgHQeI

Shouldn't this be on the politics forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Shouldn't this be on the politics forum?
    Feedback wouldn't get as many bites on there though, he's certainly working his way through his old favourites in this thread .

[QUOTE=splott parker;5136817]
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I'm still pissed of with them putting £10/£20 a week on my shopping bill, with their booze tax.

/QUOTE]

F*ck me, you’ve cut back, haven’t you???

Lorraine's doing all the shopping and as she don't drive, she can only carry two slabs of 18 (eighteen) ciders on her head

Feedback

Whilst I'm well aware of the report it is clear you're not aware the OTS is not part of the government and is independent. Sunak may follow their recommendation, but good luck convincing the Tories to vote for tax rises.

Whilst I'm well aware of the report it is clear you're not aware the OTS is not part of the government and is independent. Sunak may follow their recommendation, but good luck convincing the Tories to vote for tax rises.
    How much of a stimulus to the economy was lowering the highest band of income tax?

That's the rumours though.

The property market doesn't need anymore stimulating - it's already bubbling.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Feedback wouldn't get as many bites on there though, he's certainly working his way through his old favourites in this thread .
    Yes, if there was such thing as a Feedback drinking game, we'd be pissed by 12.30.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How much of a stimulus to the economy was lowering the highest band of income tax?
    I don't know the exact figures but I do know that when Thatcher removed surtax significantly more tax was collected from the very wealthy.

Feedback

Yes, if there was such thing as a Feedback drinking game, we'd be pissed by 12.30.
    you say that as if being drunk at 1230 is a bad thing.

I don't know the exact figures but I do know that when Thatcher removed surtax significantly more tax was collected from the very wealthy.
    Mentioning Thatcher instead of answering the question. That's 2 double whiskies. This could be a fun thread!

Feedback

Mentioning Thatcher instead of answering the question. That's 2 double whiskies. This could be a fun thread!
    why are we taking it easy?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That's the rumours though.

The property market doesn't need anymore stimulating - it's already bubbling.
    do you think the Welsh property market is in danger of overheating?

do you think the Welsh property market is in danger of overheating?
    Yes