Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
It's people from normal backgrounds voting conservative I don't get. I know of loads of people from all walks of life - cops, painters & decorators, office types etc earning between £25k - £50k a year who vote for them when their community and it's history have struggled based on Westminster and in particular Conservative rule.

I consider myself fairly comfortable, 4 kids, wife and I have decent jobs, two nice cars (no Focus I'm not that wealthy) rent out several houses.

However, the rent has not gone up in years - because the mortgages are covered so I don't make money on it - it's an investment for my kids as I know they'll have to struggle when they leave school.

I get a weekly shop delivered for the local foodbank and it blows my mind that these things exist. I'd rather pay more tax and know people are looked after than have to donate it and delver it to households personally plus I think she's donated money from our salary to a children's and cancer charity.

I just don't get how there can be so much wealth in the country but so many people who have sod all.

It should be fairer.

I get it that some people are lazy feral ****ers living on state handouts but not everyone is lucky enough to be a member of the royal family.
The conservatives have always had a working class vote , the Royal family lovers , no surrender , rule Brittania types and of course some people , of all classes , believe keeping a tight reign on public finances ......which the tories don't always do ......is the best way to run the country . Until they get made redundant and try and get benefits .