+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New home for City's Academy.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: New home for City's Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there's a lot of improving we could do without becoming a category one academy, as some other clubs have shown.

https://trainingground.guru/articles...nkings-2017/18

This ranking from a couple of seasons ago shows how poor us and our friends out west have been at this.

This season 12 out of the 24 teams in the championship have a player that came from Reading's academy regularly in their first team.

Cardiff don't even have any in our own first team unless you count Ralls, and I don't think we should.
    According to Wales on line the Jacks Cat 1 Academy has produced 10 players that are now playing in the Premier League and Championship. Recently Dan James, McBurnie and Roden have gone for big money £50 m+ .I know others are also playing in Division 1&2 so a Cat 1 Academy definitely pays off!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    According to Wales on line the Jacks Cat 1 Academy has produced 10 players that are now playing in the Premier League and Championship. Recently Dan James, McBurnie and Roden have gone for big money £50 m+ .I know others are also playing in Division 1&2 so a Cat 1 Academy definitely pays off!
    Yep, on closer inspection that list only counts England qualified players for some reason. So the jacks will be a lot higher (i doubt we will be though)

McBurnie wasn't a swansea academy product though.

I make it 3 current EPL players from there, Half a dozen Championship and a few more elsewhere.

Much better than us

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yep, on closer inspection that list only counts England qualified players for some reason. So the jacks will be a lot higher (i doubt we will be though)

McBurnie wasn't a swansea academy product though.

I make it 3 current EPL players from there, Half a dozen Championship and a few more elsewhere.

Much better than us
    Dan James wasn't either, he was signed from Hull at 17

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Dan James wasn't either, he was signed from Hull at 17
    that still gives them 2 pl players and 5 or 6 championship , which makes them in the top 30-40ish academies, but one of the least productive cat 1 academies still