+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mendez

Mendez

Still no news about why he was sacked, but he’s posting a lot on Instagram with a 1v1 trainer.

He’s lost a fair bit of weight and is looking sharp, wonder if the door is still completely closed, I for one would love to have him back.

Re: Mendez

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Still no news about why he was sacked, but he’s posting a lot on Instagram with a 1v1 trainer.

He’s lost a fair bit of weight and is looking sharp, wonder if the door is still completely closed, I for one would love to have him back.
    Probably now about half way through a six month suspension so a bit early to be considering him. He could be an option come January if the club are prepared to chance it that his problems have been dealt with.

If his contract has been cancelled and paid up why would the club re-employ him and why would he agree to come? On form he is a really good player but we don't need another Tomlin on our books.

If he plays again, it won't be for us. We don't know the details of what happened, but surely that's obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If his contract has been cancelled and paid up why would the club re-employ him and why would he agree to come? On form he is a really good player but we don't need another Tomlin on our books.
    I don’t think his contract got paid up just cancelled didn’t it?

Didn't Harris say his door will always be open to him or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Didn't Harris say his door will always be open to him or something along those lines?
    I doubt he's got the last word.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I took that to mean on a personal level, rather than a professional one, but no real reason why

Surely a failed drugs test with nothing coming out about any arrest etc. Imagine he'll be back by the end of the season at another Champ club who will take a chance on him. The club did the right thing really, can't pay him for a season when he can't be used.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Surely a failed drugs test with nothing coming out about any arrest etc. Imagine he'll be back by the end of the season at another Champ club who will take a chance on him. The club did the right thing really, can't pay him for a season when he can't be used.
    If it was a failed drug test wouldn't the result and the punishment be public knowledge? All we know is that he was sacked for a breach of contract. I certainly haven't seen anything from the club, the PFA or the football authorities to say what that breach was.

Shame but he almost certainly won't be back here, if it was something the club could stomach he would have been kept on. He won't be short if decent offers at this level if it's a problem that is behind him.

Feels a lot like deja vu with this one as we are not much further along than when the announcement was first made to cancel his contract.

Ideally he may think that he has let the club down and try and make amends by coming back.
    That's IF the club are willing.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    If it was a failed drug test wouldn't the result and the punishment be public knowledge? All we know is that he was sacked for a breach of contract. I certainly haven't seen anything from the club, the PFA or the football authorities to say what that breach was.
    The FA keep this very quiet as their focus is on getting players with a drug problem to undergo a proper rehab programme. Although they do occasionally report on the number of failed tests they never say who failed them. The names sometimes come out when players are ready to play again, Berahino being the best known one.
    Berahino articel from that time here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...-names-secret/

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    The FA keep this very quiet as their focus is on getting players with a drug problem to undergo a proper rehab programme. Although they do occasionally report on the number of failed tests they never say who failed them. The names sometimes come out when players are ready to play again, Berahino being the best known one.
    Berahino articel from that time here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...-names-secret/
    Didn't Berahino only get banned for 8 weeks? I wonder if the club would have sacked him for that.

Was it more likely to be performance enhancing drugs?

Looking sharp?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Didn't Berahino only get banned for 8 weeks? I wonder if the club would have sacked him for that.

Was it more likely to be performance enhancing drugs?
    I doubt we'd sack him for getting an 8 week ban and you'd think a PED ban would be disclosed as we potentially had an advantage by him playing, as he would have been a cheat.

For recreational drugs it is a 3 month ban for a first offence, then 6 to 12 months for a second offence with the tariff rising if there are further offences.
    The "issue" if this is the problem is did he get a 3 month ban (in which case he could be playing next month) or a longer ban as he had done it before!

I took a look and the only 1 on 1 training I could see was him holding a baby... he’s hardly been prolific with his posts... I’m not sure that 2 posts counts as a lot🤣

International

Why are you all posting as if a drug related problem is the known problem/reason?
    You actually know nothing about the reasons for what happened and are just assuming what it was.

Hope his legal team don't read this board, ruining his rep without any evidence at all. (allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why are you all posting as if a drug related problem is the known problem/reason.
    You know actually know nothing about the reasons for what happened and are just assuming what it was. Hope his legal team don't read this board, ruining his rep without any evidence at all. (allegedly)
    Exactly, that was my point https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5137235

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I took a look and the only 1 on 1 training I could see was him holding a baby... he’s hardly been prolific with his posts... I’m not sure that 2 posts counts as a lot🤣
    Look at his Instagram stories grandad

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You probably want to check his Instagram stories, you'll see he's been training in Dubai.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Looking sharp?
    Saville row suit possibly.