Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
Has being Welsh ever had a negative affect on your life? I’ve lived outside of wales for 20 years and it’s never affected me.
It's never happened to me so it doesn't happen to other people?

I wouldn't argue that being Welsh gives you substantial insight into what it means to identify as one of the protected characteristics but there are many actions which make up discrimination (historical and present day) and a relatively small number of those have a crossover with experience of Welsh people. But if marginalisation is act of treating something as if it's less or not important then not sure how you can say Wales as country and Welsh culture hasn't been marginalised, even if you're just describing how Welsh people treat those things without going into anything else. Perhaps the main difference though is that we are able to chose to have being Welsh as an inconsequential part of your life or not part of your life at all whereas as a person who is potentially hurt by this word isn't in a position where they can do that and too often it's other people making sure it's a consequential part of their life for all the wrong reasons.