+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin out for months after operation.

Tomlin out for months after operation.

Re: Tomlin out for months after operation.

Osei-Tutu out for 4 more weeks as well.

Time to cut Tomlin loose.

Could go two ways, it’s either all over for him or he comes back like before akin to a superb new signing. I fear the former.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We should have done it years ago. He is not only a waste of the clubs money but he also gives people cause for hope that he is never going to fulfill.

Hands up those who didn't see this coming....

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Hands up those who didn't see this coming....
    Contract signing is dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Contract signing is dangerous.
    Whoever let it happen should have a look at themself. Hasn't Dalman heard of risk management?

I’m utterly sick of this guy and also sick of his sycophants who seem to be quite large in number. Players who give their all must be totally peed off at the constant whining from fans who bellyache whenever he isn’t named in the team or are convinced we would have won 5-0 if he hadn’t been withdrawn on the hour.

Whoever let it happen should have a look at themself. Hasn't Dalman heard of risk management?
    Tomlin was in the middle of a run of starting 16 out of 18 league games when he signed that contract.

In our wisdom he has a contract for the season beyond this one as well, taking him up to the age of 33.

Even without a groin he's probably our most creative player.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Tomlin was in the middle of a run of starting 16 out of 18 league games when he signed that contract.
    Exactly. Less than half a season. In three years. So we give him a two-year deal.

Exactly. Less than half a season. In three years. So we give him a two-year deal.
    Because he was our best outfield player by a mile last season before lockdown. It's not like we're talking about Matthew Connolly or Jazz Richards.

International

Which he conveniently put together just as his contract was up for renewal, having done mot much to justify his money before or since!!

International

Because he was our best outfield player by a mile last season before lockdown. It's not like we're talking about Matthew Connolly or Jazz Richards.
    Yes but what good is a brilliant outfield player if more than half the time he isn't playing because he is injured or "his head isn't in the right place" (Poor lamb) or he is just too damned lazy to train and get fit?

What good is he? none at all!

I am amazed at the short term attitude the club exhibits at times. I get it from the manager's perspective, he has to make hay while the sun shines or he's out on his arse. But not the directors. I'd like them bring someone in with a 3-5 year plan to get this club into shape from the bottom up. We have been in a spend/reward/bust/save cycle for some time now and it doesn't seem to be getting us anywhere. The club needs to think about how it can get the EPL and stay there.

And yet there are people on here (we know who they are......) who ACTUALLY said that the club had 'no choice' but to offer him a new contract.

As stupid as it is laughable and this isn't even a case of anyone being wise after the event - everyone could see this happening.

I doubt that we'll ever see a player who could rarely manage 90 mins when he was 'fit' making a meaningful contribution.

Do clubs never offer 'pay as you play' contracts for injury prone players?

At least he'll have Vassell to keep him company I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes but what good is a brilliant outfield player if more than half the time he isn't playing because he is injured or "his head isn't in the right place" (Poor lamb) or he is just too damned lazy to train and get fit?

What good is he? none at all!
    The Championship isn't exactly overflowing with players of Tomlin's ability. He'll probably contribute more than most of our squad this season even if he only plays 20 games.

It would be great if he had taken better care of his body when he was younger, but then he'd be playing for a mid-table Premier League club instead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And yet there are people on here (we know who they are......) who ACTUALLY said that the club had 'no choice' but to offer him a new contract.

As stupid as it is laughable and this isn't even a case of anyone being wise after the event - everyone could see this happening.

I doubt that we'll ever see a player who could rarely manage 90 mins when he was 'fit' making a meaningful contribution.

So you would have been happy if he had left the club at the end of June when we were pushing for the play-offs?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Even without a groin he's probably our most creative player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Boring, boring Bobby

So you would have been happy if he had left the club at the end of June when we were pushing for the play-offs?
    We could have a Messi and Ronaldo upfront and he’d still find something to ****ing moan about. Deluded twat.

Yeah that’s not how contracts work. He’ll be back and have something to offer. Vassell on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah that’s not how contracts work. He’ll be back and have something to offer. Vassell on the other hand....
    Everything is negotiable. I'm sure his agent would love it.