+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heading The Ball , Is The End Nigh ?

Re: Heading The Ball , Is The End Nigh ?

There's been times when I've headed back goal kicks and not got it right - either misjudged it or got a nudge from an opponent at the last moment - and it can hit so badly that it hurts. It's certainly not going to do any good, and must surely do some minor damage.

See the PFA are entering the debate now asking for 'urgent action ' , lets hope we get a few more years from Morrison and Moore.

I can see a world one day where no leaves the house 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Are there statistics that back up footballers having a higher level dementia? Even with the light balls we have now?

I hope it doesn’t go completely but if it was causing this I could see if being reduced or phased out slightly.
    https://www.nhs.uk/news/neurology/de...r-footballers/

But Bobby Charlton is 83 years old. Alzheimer's, or senility, has been afflicting people that age or younger forever, people who never so much as touched a football. We all fade sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No heading outside the penalty area. Would put an end to head tennis in midfield and the majority of defensive headers from kicks out by the goalie. Be interesting to see it tried.
    Can you imagine how many stoppages there’d be if the ref blew everytime someone headed the ball!