+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will/Can respect come back for differing opinions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Will/Can respect come back for differing opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    As I said to Eric, your response is symptomatic of the problem. You just cannot countenance that someone disagrees with you and you feel you have to point out theirs purported failings.

If someone is offended, so what? What does it actually mean - do they develop brain cancer as a result? no, they've let words affect them. Words. If you need to grab your breathe or have a sit down after someone has referred to you in a pejorative manner, then the issue really is with you.

I'll tell you what hurts - a kick in the bollocks, watching a loved one die, having inoperable cancer. They hurt but words themselves do not. you give words whatever meaning you want and you can choose to be affected by them, or you can choose to give them the merit they deserve.

If you're easily offended then the issue is with you, and not everyone else.
    "The problem"? Don't you mean "my problem"?

If you've got a problem with people being offended, and expressing themselves thus, isn't at least part of the issue with you?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "The problem"? Don't you mean "my problem"?

If you've got a problem with people being offended, and expressing themselves thus, isn't at least part of the issue with you?
    perhaps it is, after all no-one is forcing me to adopt this position. But then I'm not so sensitive that I need to wear metal underwear in case my trousers rub me the wrong way.

my issue is that people get offended for the slightest things when there are far more pressing issues to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    perhaps it is, after all no-one is forcing me to adopt this position. But then I'm not so sensitive that I need to wear metal underwear in case my trousers rub me the wrong way.

my issue is that people get offended for the slightest things when there are far more pressing issues to worry about.
    People are stupid. They think and say stupid things. They used to keep quiet for the most part, but now that's not the case. We just have to to learn to deal with it.