+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So It’s OK To Be A Bully

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So It’s OK To Be A Bully

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    what's the point in having an advisor if you're not going to listen to them? if she's guilty then she needs to go.

however, since Patel is a woman and of Asian heritage, in this day and age can Boris really remove her without the triggered lot going into overdrive? Perhaps that is part of his thinking.
    The problem is from what I've seen is the code is subjective. It talks about things that are immeasurable such as 'respect' etc.

There's bullying and there's causing offence. To me two totally different things.

Re: So It’s OK To Be A Bully

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The problem is from what I've seen is the code is subjective. It talks about things that are immeasurable such as 'respect' etc.

There's bullying and there's causing offence. To me two totally different things.
    From the Ministerial code:

1.2 Ministers should be professional in all their dealings
    and treat all those with whom they come into contact with
    consideration and respect. Working relationships,
    including with civil servants, ministerial and parliamentary
    colleagues and parliamentary staff should be proper and
    appropriate. Harassing, bullying or other inappropriate or
    discriminating behaviour wherever it takes place is not
    consistent with the Ministerial Code and will not be
    tolerated.

From The Guardian:

Sir Alex Allan’s findings based on the cabinet office investigation concluded that Patel’s approach “amounted to behaviour that can be described as bullying” – noting instances of shouting and swearing – and that she had breached the ministerial code, although her actions may have been “unintentional”.

Doesn't seem particulartly subjective to me.... But I'm not a Tory trying to justify shouting and swearing at staff