+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a property crash coming

Feedback

Re: Is there a property crash coming

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if you've got 950k for a house then you can afford the tax IMO
    Thats not a valid reason to justify the differential.

Wales doesn't have as many wealthy people per capita as England. Taxing them in this way doesnt help the Welsh economy.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post

Wales doesn't have as many wealthy people per capita as England. Taxing them in this way doesnt help the Welsh economy.
    Clearly the housing market has been able to tolerate it.

Feedback

Clearly the housing market has been able to tolerate it.
    Thats not what I said. Every successful economy has a burgeoning middle class. The broader the middle class, the wealthier the nation overall. Wales needs to encourage and develop its middle class if its to succeed. You don't do that through higher taxes than the competition

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Thats not what I said. Every successful economy has a burgeoning middle class. The broader the middle class, the wealthier the nation overall. Wales needs to encourage and develop its middle class if its to succeed. You don't do that through higher taxes than the competition
    The number of people deciding which side of the border to by their million pound house is probably miniscule

Feedback

The number of people deciding which side of the border to by their million pound house is probably miniscule
    Not in Chester and its environs, West Cheshire is very affluent

Once this Stamp Duty/Land Tax holiday ends, things will be pretty quiet for a while. But people have to live somewhere, and property as a long term investment has always been a big winner.
    London prices might be affected more, due to Brexit and Covid. But then, London prices rarely stay deflated for long.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Once this Stamp Duty/Land Tax holiday ends, things will be pretty quiet for a while. But people have to live somewhere, and property as a long term investment has always been a big winner.
    London prices might be affected more, due to Brexit and Covid. But then, London prices rarely stay deflated for long.
    Or 'Brovid' for short. Hope it catches on......

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Or 'Brovid' for short. Hope it catches on......

Coxit .....up....perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Coxit .....up....perhaps

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Wales
    The portion up to and including £250,000 0%
    The portion over £250,000 up to and including £400,000 5%
    The portion over £400,000 up to and including £750,000 7.5%
    The portion over £750,000 up to and including £1,500,000 10%
    The portion over £1,500,000 12%

England
    Up to £500,000 Zero
    The next £425,000 (the portion from £500,001 to £925,000) 5%
    The next £575,000 (the portion from £925,001 to £1.5 million) 10%
    The remaining amount (the portion above £1.5 million) 12%

there you go
    You've missed my point there.

Where's Croeso these days?

Feedback

I have no idea what your point was then.

First Team

Pay attention. English people moving to Wales are the buyers at the top end of the market a lot of the time.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Pay attention. English people moving to Wales are the buyers at the top end of the market a lot of the time.
    I heard you the first time. I'm just not sure what point you are trying to make

Simple fact of the matter is that there is a shortage of houses in Wales and the U.K. as a whole

This means that house prices will be “artificially” higher than they should be for the foreseeable future, which is bad news for first time buyers especially

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The Welsh market also accelerated on the back of the scrapping of the Severn Bridge(s) charges, giving people who couldn't afford to buy in and around Bristol, an incentive to buy on the Welsh side of the M4 corridor.

It’s been about to burst now for over 10 years....it might slow a bit but I can’t see it falling. So I bought a house 10 years ago for 250k spent 50 on it, now it’s valued at 450....will it go back to 250/300....I doubt it. Doesn’t matter if it does as I’m not moving.

I hope so. Buy to let wankers have ruined the property market for the next generations.

Are most expensive houses in Wales bought by the Welsh or by the English moving in?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I hope so. Buy to let wankers have ruined the property market for the next generations.
    Banks and governments are as much to blame. You used to be able to get a mortgage for 3.5x your salary. That has shot up, making borrowing more money easier, so house prices rose. As a result, first time buyers need to save huge deposits for a house, amounts that, 30 years ago would have bought you a sizable chunk of a property.

A financial crash is ahead of us were trillions in debt .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A financial crash is ahead of us were trillions in debt .
    This one will be even more fun than the last. In virtually every way, working class people are worse off than they were in 2007, prior to the sub continental crash that affected most of the globe. Since then, a supposedly more prudent government has tripled the national debt while average working people's wages have gone down in real terms despite the wealthiest citizens enjoying record breaking wealth increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This one will be even more fun than the last. In virtually every way, working class people are worse off than they were in 2007, prior to the sub continental crash that affected most of the globe. Since then, a supposedly more prudent government has tripled the national debt while average working people's wages have gone down in real terms despite the wealthiest citizens enjoying record breaking wealth increases.
    Sadly the tailwind of Covid and its effects will devastate many lives for years to come , businesses though have crashed and yes working / middle class will reap the pain .

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are most expensive houses in Wales bought by the Welsh or by the English moving in?
    No idea. That data isn't captured anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I agree , Blair, a supposed Labour prime minister made many many people very very rich as get quick landlords

One bloke owned about 30 former council properties sold by the witch under the right to buy and Blair just stood by and let it happen

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I agree , Blair, a supposed Labour prime minister made many many people very very rich as get quick landlords

One bloke owned about 30 former council properties sold by the witch under the right to buy and Blair just stood by and let it happen
    He sold of all the council houses, let the tenants buy them etc....resulting in hardly any council houses left for anyone, wonderful idea there was a pitiful amount left in cardiff and a ten year waiting list apparently. Obv with the huge developments being built right now that will be resolved. Surely it will affect the prices aswell as supply could well outstrip demand for the first time.