+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: MILLWALL 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Reminded me of Luton’s winner in the FA CUP tie at Ninian Park in the 90’s
    I was thinking of the goal that Everton scored at NP in the FA Cup which to this day I’m convinced was off side 🙄

Re: FT: MILLWALL 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Smithies

Bacuna Morrison Benkovic Bennett

Ralls Pack

Ojo Wilson Murphy

Moore

I'd quite like to see that (JOT back in when fit obviously), Harris has been far too conservative so far this season. We have the talent to punish teams (as is evidenced by our regular onslaught in the last 20 or so minutes), he needs to take the shackles off or it'll cost him his job
    I think it's time for Benkovic to step in. Perhaps push Nelson out to right-back and let Bacuna return to midfield at the expense of the pedestrian Pack (who can often start brightly enough, but almost completely fades away by the second-half).

Re: FT: MILLWALL 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Yesterday, I decided to make a start in thinning out assorted clothes and junk in what is euphemistically called a third bedroom and I came across some old City programmes, the one on the top of the pile being City v Millwall, dated 22nd August 1970.

The cover price was a round shilling (5p to the whippersnappers on here)

There are ads in it advertising the sale of new houses in Caerphilly, Newport and Swansea - all for less than £4,000

The 'Football League Review' insert refers to the 'first piece of football sponsorship' i.e. 'The Watney Cup'

The Review also states that only 12 of the Football League's clubs made a profit 'last year'

and last but not least.....

The programme's main editorial is by City's Chairman, Fred Dewey, who 'has made it clear he is in favour of the birch being brought back for the use against football hooligans'.