+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vassell

Vassell

NH didn’t mention him yesterday. Apparently he has a foot problem. Does he need a chiropodist or a pschyiatrist?

Re: Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    NH didn’t mention him yesterday. Apparently he has a foot problem. Does he need a chiropodist or a pschyiatrist?
    He’s to short for all the high balls

It's an odd one. I recall Jurgen Klopp talking about players who can play when they're not right, he said that most players are never 100%, such is the intensity of the game and that they need to learn how to try and switch certain problems off. He was referring to Daniel Sturridge. I'm not saying that Vassell is that type of player, his injuries are genuine, it just seems that some players need to be 100% in order to play. Maybe Vassell is one of those players.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He’s to short for all the high balls
    O dear again

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    O dear again
    It's a sport with you two, typo's and spelling mistakes.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a sport with you two, typo's and spelling mistakes.
    And to be fair, you’re coming on wonderfully, since you’ve been watching your qs & ps......erm....ps & qs

O dear again

Gotta keep you on your Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo's

I

And to be fair, you’re coming on wonderfully, since you’ve been watching your qs & ps......erm....ps & qs

I,I

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Gotta keep you on your Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo's
    Two right

It's an odd one. I recall Jurgen Klopp talking about players who can play when they're not right, he said that most players are never 100%, such is the intensity of the game and that they need to learn how to try and switch certain problems off. He was referring to Daniel Sturridge. I'm not saying that Vassell is that type of player, his injuries are genuine, it just seems that some players need to be 100% in order to play. Maybe Vassell is one of those players.
    Sorry, you’re being too kind, which is a rarity for you when it comes to judging players.

He’s been an absolute joke of a signing. Club clearly didn’t do it’s due diligence. Just signing players on the whims of Colin and the agents he had on board the CCFC gravy train with him. Should just pay the **** up the remainder of his contract and **** him off.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sorry, you’re being too kind, which is a rarity for you when it comes to judging players.

He’s been an absolute joke of a signing. Club clearly didn’t do it’s due diligence. Just signing players on the whims of Colin and the agents he had on board the CCFC gravy train with him. Should just pay the **** up the remainder of his contract and **** him off.
    I'd say that i'm fair in my judgement of players, although i wont let them get away with certain things like some fans do, or make excuses up for them. Vassell, wasn't it a million? A punt in my opinion, hasn't worked.

I'd say that i'm fair in my judgement of players, although i wont let them get away with certain things like some fans do, or make excuses up for them. Vassell, wasn't it a million? A punt in my opinion, hasn't worked.
    The fleeting glimpse I had of him ,he seemed quick and looked good for that brief 15 minutes or so.

Colin and agents....

Anyone else think like me? We've been totally screwed over, not just Vassell but many more

Double that price I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Colin and agents....

Anyone else think like me? We've been totally screwed over, not just Vassell but many more
    Some of his signings were good , some still playing and contributing, I think as a club we're always susceptible to this type of signing or as someone put it 'punt' it could have worked or ended up like this , its not just a Warnock thing ,.

I'm sure some of our stato experts may have some deeper details of our successful and unsuccessful fit signings by manager by game time then drill down further the on field contribution v injuries ie prone players like Tomlin & Vassell v Holilet & Smithies

I listen to quite a few podcasts and most players say they were actually fit about twice in their careers! I think Vassell has go to get somewhere near fit first! What an awful signing. 2/3m depending on who you believe and decent money, could be as much as 5/6m down the toilet. It’s a good job he wasn’t injury prone before...

He hasn't played 15 or more games in a season since 2016-17 in League 2. He's only played 15 or more games in a season 3 times with 2 of those being below Conference level.

He did look good when he did play for us, and against us, but I would love to know what was written about his injury record when assessing if we should sign him to a three year contract.

£2m on a 3 year deal. Joke of a signing.

It is very easy to criticise a player or a club for signing him in the first place, if you don't have any true facts about how much he cost or how much he is being paid. For all you lot know, bearing in mind his previous injury, he could be on a pay as you play deal and the transfer fee was probably structured based on appearances and/or goals scored. In which case he will so far have cost us very little. He was signed for his potential and could still come off in future. Easy target for the keyboard warriors who have no idea what the facts are but why let facts get in the way of a good bit of Warnock bashing eh !

Harris said some weeks ago that “ he had a foot problem “ but was now training on grass but we would be unlikely to see him before January. It seems therefore that the problem is more than a verruka, a bunion or an in growing toenail. Could it be athletes foot or a nail fungal infection or a metatarsal spur or does he have one foot shorter or longer than the other. If he is training on grass then it would seem that the “ foot problem “ is not that serious so why do we still have to wait another six weeks to see Isaac kick a ball in anger. I think a report from a sports psychologist would be in order. I, for one, hopes that the lad makes a remarkable recovery and becomes the goal scoring hero, for us, that he could be.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It is very easy to criticise a player or a club for signing him in the first place, if you don't have any true facts about how much he cost or how much he is being paid. For all you lot know, bearing in mind his previous injury, he could be on a pay as you play deal and the transfer fee was probably structured based on appearances and/or goals scored. In which case he will so far have cost us very little. He was signed for his potential and could still come off in future. Easy target for the keyboard warriors who have no idea what the facts are but why let facts get in the way of a good bit of Warnock bashing eh !
    If that were the case, the club would have let it be known by now. That kind of deal would have represented a shrewd bit of dealing by the club. Given light of Vassell's prolonged absence and speculation about a possible high salary, the club would be quick to point out that they had not taken a big financial hit by his signing.

International

Yes that's true. He can't use either one!!

Heisenberg

This is too good

For all you lot know, bearing in mind his previous injury, he could be on a pay as you play deal and the transfer fee was probably structured based on appearances and/or goals scored. In which case he will so far have cost us very little!
    Any news of that massive Gary Madine loan fee? Have Sheffield Utd coughed up yet?

I don't think he'll ever be fit enough to play again