+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vassell

Re: Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how many "pay as you play" contracts have existed ever, outside the imagination of football message board posters.
    According to JML1954, 1.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I didn't speculate. You need to get your facts straight. I pointed out that he could be on a pay as he plays contract with an incentivised transfer fee for all the people criticising the club for signing him knew. There is no legitimacy for people, including you, claiming he is on an expensive contract and that the club paid an inflated fee for him. Details haven't been released.
    If it was someone else posting this, I would think they were joking, but as I've never ever seen any evidence of you possessing a sense of humour, I have to assume you're being serious.

Let's get this right, you're trying to claim that saying "he could be on a pay as he plays contract" is not the sort of speculation that us "know alls" indulge in, while informing me I need to get my facts right? Priceless, I suppose your definition of the word "speculation" must depend on whether you're doing the speculating or not .

Also, where did I claim Vassell was on an "expensive contract"? i've said nothing about Vassell's wages because none of us can know for sure what he's on, you included. Clearly, given the fact that he's barely played any first team football for us, the reported fee for him represents terrible value for the club. Is that reported fee of between £2 and £3 million accurate? Well, it's never been denied by the club, but, who knows, it may be less, but anyone who claims this is the case, is just speculating aren't they - anyone except you of course

Given all the money 'wasted' on mis-firing or injured strikers by Cardiff managers over the years, I do wonder what Newcastle fans think whether the £40m spent on JoeLinton was good business. They must be a tolerant lot up there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Given all the money 'wasted' on mis-firing or injured strikers by Cardiff managers over the years, I do wonder what Newcastle fans think whether the £40m spent on JoeLinton was good business. They must be a tolerant lot up there.
    Perhaps he's on a pay as you play contract.

Exactly as Bob Wilson and others said above, the player was distraught when he pulled up injured in that under 23 game - I also saw the footage which I recall was live. He clearly was very disappointed and that is putting it mildly!

Why should he give up his contract without a generous pay off as he signed for 3 years to June 2022? He is much younger than my 3 children but if I was his dad (impossible as my wife and I are white!) I’d be saying something like “good on you son for earning so much money by the age of 27 and being financially sound for the rest of your life. Make sure you secure excellent financial advice from your agent or elsewhere such as a first class accountant/financial advisor, even if you have to pay for it”.

Being from a minority ethnicity, Isaac has done very well. We don’t know what generation Brit he is, but surely his forebears would marvel at the success of their descendant. You cannot blame him for accepting a generous salary and lengthy contract that City offered him.

My opinion with the advantage of hindsight is that Isaac is not sufficiently physically robust to withstand the rigours of professional football.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Exactly as Bob Wilson and others said above, the player was distraught when he pulled up injured in that under 23 game - I also saw the footage which I recall was live. He clearly was very disappointed and that is putting it mildly!

Why should he give up his contract without a generous pay off as he signed for 3 years to June 2022? He is much younger than my 3 children but if I was his dad (impossible as my wife and I are white!) I’d be saying something like “good on you son for earning so much money by the age of 27 and being financially sound for the rest of your life. Make sure you secure excellent financial advice from your agent or elsewhere such as a first class accountant/financial advisor, even if you have to pay for it”.

Being from a minority ethnicity, Isaac has done very well. We don’t know what generation Brit he is, but surely his forebears would marvel at the success of their descendant. You cannot blame him for accepting a generous salary and lengthy contract that City offered him.

My opinion with the advantage of hindsight is that Isaac is not sufficiently physically robust to withstand the rigours of professional football.
    md.jpg

He is much younger than my 3 children but if I was his dad (impossible as my wife and I are white!).....

Shut up, you daft old racist.

The state of this post.

My grandchild’s father is black - I am not racist.

My grandchild’s father is black - I am not racist.
    Just shut up.

That's right, I've seen a few of these black fellas playing football now. Good on them, when it's so easy for them to get jobs as street cleaners and so on.

Your sarcasm is totally unmerited.

Your sarcasm is totally unmerited.
    My ancestors would be proud though.

Not many of us have ancestors living in Britain from, say, Roman times. Most of us are immigrants if you look back far enough.

Not many of us have ancestors living in Britain from, say, Roman times. Most of us are immigrants if you look back far enough.
    all of us have ancestors living in Britain from Roman times

What the hell has that got to do with anything. Stick to voting for UKIP and leave football to the rest of us.

Above assumptions about me aren’t fair.

1. Have voted Labour all my life.

2. Worked 40+ years for a number of American owned energy/oil/petroleum companies. In an early position in 1983 when I was barely 30, was told there was no chance of advancement within that company after verbally berating my supervisor and manager together for their merciless teasing and physical bullying of the only Asian in the office. HR were then called Personnel- personnel wouldn’t get involved saying I should not have told off my superiors. Luckily, I got a better paid job at a rival company within 3 months.

3. My last role was writing an Anti Slavery policy for my employer - all outfits with a worldwide turnover above £36 million (including overseas subsidiaries with small turnovers operating here) have to provide such a policy ever since Teresa May as Home Secretary introduced this in 2016. Both men and women are still brought over to the UK against false promises and this has to be stamped out unless you favour poor foreign people being lied to and put in brothels, crop picking for little money, having to pay all their money back to their crooked employers etc etc.

4. Always I have favoured and stood up for people subjected to all isms - racism, sexism, ageism etc.

5. Folk have immigrated to the UK in most centuries for reason of invasion eg Vikings and Normans or to escape religious persecution- it is incorrect that most UK residents could trace their ancestry back to Roman times or for a better standard of living enjoyed here.

6. Please don’t be so quick to shoot from the hip.