Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
Exactly as Bob Wilson and others said above, the player was distraught when he pulled up injured in that under 23 game - I also saw the footage which I recall was live. He clearly was very disappointed and that is putting it mildly!

Why should he give up his contract without a generous pay off as he signed for 3 years to June 2022? He is much younger than my 3 children but if I was his dad (impossible as my wife and I are white!) I’d be saying something like “good on you son for earning so much money by the age of 27 and being financially sound for the rest of your life. Make sure you secure excellent financial advice from your agent or elsewhere such as a first class accountant/financial advisor, even if you have to pay for it”.

Being from a minority ethnicity, Isaac has done very well. We don’t know what generation Brit he is, but surely his forebears would marvel at the success of their descendant. You cannot blame him for accepting a generous salary and lengthy contract that City offered him.

My opinion with the advantage of hindsight is that Isaac is not sufficiently physically robust to withstand the rigours of professional football.
That's right, I've seen a few of these black fellas playing football now. Good on them, when it's so easy for them to get jobs as street cleaners and so on.