Above assumptions about me aren’t fair.

1. Have voted Labour all my life.

2. Worked 40+ years for a number of American owned energy/oil/petroleum companies. In an early position in 1983 when I was barely 30, was told there was no chance of advancement within that company after verbally berating my supervisor and manager together for their merciless teasing and physical bullying of the only Asian in the office. HR were then called Personnel- personnel wouldn’t get involved saying I should not have told off my superiors. Luckily, I got a better paid job at a rival company within 3 months.

3. My last role was writing an Anti Slavery policy for my employer - all outfits with a worldwide turnover above £36 million (including overseas subsidiaries with small turnovers operating here) have to provide such a policy ever since Teresa May as Home Secretary introduced this in 2016. Both men and women are still brought over to the UK against false promises and this has to be stamped out unless you favour poor foreign people being lied to and put in brothels, crop picking for little money, having to pay all their money back to their crooked employers etc etc.

4. Always I have favoured and stood up for people subjected to all isms - racism, sexism, ageism etc.

5. Folk have immigrated to the UK in most centuries for reason of invasion eg Vikings and Normans or to escape religious persecution- it is incorrect that most UK residents could trace their ancestry back to Roman times or for a better standard of living enjoyed here.

6. Please don’t be so quick to shoot from the hip.