+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coventry v Brum

Coventry v Brum

0-0 tonight obviously without fans, I know they met earlier in the year in the Cup I think, but how strange would it have been for Birmingham fans had fans been allowed? Palace fans have been in the situation with two clubs, Charlton and Wimbledon if memory serves and I’d imagine Man City as well after the war when Old Trafford was severely bomb damaged. I wonder how we’d feel if we had to give Newport a home if they were turfed out of Rodney Parade and we were in the same division? How weird it would be to be in the away section with Newport fans in ‘our’ seats, would our fans without away tickets just pay on the day and sit in the ‘home’ end as well? Very strange scenario.

Re: Coventry v Brum

I was always uncomfortable sharing my seat with Cardiff Blues fans

having spent the last 2 years working in both coventry and brum both sets of fans were looking forward to this fixture

However when you get down to the nitty gritty coventry only seem to have an issue with leicester and aston villa whilst brum only have an issue with villa !

i see the similarities too like them with us with cardiff and newport only 12 miles separated by the A48 whilst between brum and Coventry the same distance down the A45

was looking forward to the coventry fixture this year too

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was always uncomfortable sharing my seat with Cardiff Blues fans
    Kinell. How big is your seat?

The New York Jets and Giants share a stadium. They normally alternate home and away weekends. However, one weekend a few years ago, I went to a Jets game on a Monday night after the Giants had played on the previous Sunday afternoon. We are talking about a stand-alone stadium surrounded by acres of parking-lot with a ****ing car showroom among other things. In just over 24 hours everything from the end zones, to the team shops (of which there are several) had to be switched from blue to green. Quite some undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The New York Jets and Giants share a stadium. They normally alternate home and away weekends. However, one weekend a few years ago, I went to a Jets game on a Monday night after the Giants had played on the previous Sunday afternoon. We are talking about a stand-alone stadium surrounded by acres of parking-lot with a ****ing car showroom among other things. In just over 24 hours everything from the end zones, to the team shops (of which there are several) had to be switched from blue to green. Quite some undertaking.
    Just out of interest, how is the rivalry between the two sets of fans... good natured or does it boil over sometimes?

I went to the Detroit Lions V's Chicago Bears (considered a derby) once, at the old Silverdome. There were a number of skirmishes as the game was winding down and it was the police who were called to break it up.
    I didn't see any fights outside after the game, however, there was a fair bit of verbal going on, much of which was close to the knuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Kinell. How big is your seat?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I was on a tour of the San Siro. The dressing rooms are outstanding with AC Milan shading the presentation. I asked the tour guide why they had to have two separate changing rooms that size. .....

Then it dawned on me.

The tour guide ignored me from then on. Don’t blame him either. The Germans thought it was funny though.
    Last edited by light up the darkness; 21-11-20 at 11:00. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I was on a tour of the San Siro. The dressing rooms are outstanding with AC Milan shading the presentation. I asked the tour guide why they had to have two separate changing rooms that size. .....

Then it dawned on me.

The tour guide ignored me from then on. Don’t blame him either. The Germans thought it was funny though.
    Were you not shown both AC's and Inter's changing rooms? I was.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It should be much easier to make an immediate branding switch throughout a modern ground in this electronic age.