+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The government get ready for leaving Europe adverts in the press and on TV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The government get ready for leaving Europe adverts in the press and on TV

Surely it’s got to the point now where even if you did vote for brexit you didn’t vote for this shambles? It’s a deliberate sabotage of our economy at this point.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Surely it’s got to the point now where even if you did vote for brexit you didn’t vote for this shambles? It’s a deliberate sabotage of our economy at this point.
    I wouldn't go that far, I just think the vote for Brexit was undertaken on pure emotion (rule Britannia etc etc) rather than any critical analysis of how it would be delivered.

The irony is that (one of) the aim was to improve control of our borders, and we are going to get exactly the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    The irony is that (one of) the aim was to improve control of our borders, and we are going to get exactly the opposite
    I spent far too much of my time informing simpletons of this. Many people I know weren't so bothered about Europeans coming over here, they'd just been brainwashed into thinking that the EU actually controlled our border. I lost count of the times I heard people saying they wanted an end to Muslims coming into the country.

Despite being able to prove conclusively that non-EU immigration was nothing to do with the EU, that we control what we do with refugees, that illegal immigrants are here illegally, not claiming benefits or taking our jobs, people simply preferred believing the nonsense they thought was right.