+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A continuation of our overall league history post

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A continuation of our overall league history post

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Wigan didn’t enter the Football League until the 70s though. So the stats done percentage wise are a little bit misleading as up until then they were in the Northern League.
    I was looking at each team's performance for the duration of their league existance. It gives a stronger idea of how well they've done. No doubts that Wigan and Wimbledon were pretty successful for the shorter time they've been in the league, which wouldn't be represented at all if you just did a cumulative list.

Re: A continuation of our overall league history post

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I was looking at each team's performance for the duration of their league existance. It gives a stronger idea of how well they've done. No doubts that Wigan and Wimbledon were pretty successful for the shorter time they've been in the league, which wouldn't be represented at all if you just did a cumulative list.
    It’s an interesting list and well done on doing the statistics

Notts County is an interesting one (for me). Never had them down as a regular in the top two divisions although I can remember them being in Division 1 for a few seasons and City played them during the 70s. Just shows how your personal memories don’t reflect the reality.

Keep them coming butt.