Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
Great research Eric the Half a Bee. Stats is my thing with City too. I must remind our 'friends' down West! And the attendances too.

i think in the 100 years we have been in the FL, we have been above Swansea roughly two thirds of the time, but they only count the Premier League and forget they are essentially a second/third tier team. Not thatI have grudge against them of course, but they do need reminding. The last 10 years have been the greatest in their history, it's been pretty good for us too. But City in the 1920s were something, promoted in the first season, Winning the FA Cup, Welsh Cup and Charity Shield in the same year and another FA Cup Final and another FA Cup Semi Final too. We had to field a reserve team once as we had so many International call ups.
We've been above Swansea 59 times. They've been above us 34 times.

We've played in the same division 30 times. We've been one division above them 29 times and two divisions above them 13 times. They've been one division above us 21 times and two divisions above us once. When we've been in the same division, we've finished above them 17 times out of 29.

Throughout the 1920s we finished above Swansea every season. This reversed throughout the 1930s as we plunged into Division 3.

From 1950, we finished ahead of them for 29 consecutive seasons. Since 1979, they've been above us 23 times while we've been above them 18 times. We were on top for 12 out of 13 seasons from 1997-2010. The 2010s saw 8 consecutive seasons when Swansea have been above us. The longest stint Swansea have enjoyed above us is 10 seasons in the 1930s-1946/47.