+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Harris on brink?

Re: Harris on brink?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    9 times in 13 games we've conceded the first goal. Each time we've scored first, we've won without conceding. There's a clue. We have the worst first half record in the division.

How often does the team go out on to the field, look lethargic, sloppy, uninterested, then concede?
    Most of the time. When it keeps happening, the manager should be thinking about why it keeps happening. It happened quite often in the first few months Harris was with us, so it's not new. If he can't work out what is wrong he shouldn't be in the job. If I was in a management position with a company and my department kept missing out on targets, if I turned around to the company directors and said that we're actually doing really well, we haven't had what we've deserved, I'd be laughed out of the office as I picked up my bags.

I recently remarked that City fans will usually get behind a team that tries its best. We can tolerate players who have limitations providing they give everything. Sometimes, effort has been a more important attribute to some City fans than skill and ability. If a Cardiff City side loses a game, but comes off the pitch and you feel they couldn't have given much more, you'll live with that. It's when there's a lethargy, when players stop looking hungry and interested, when you feel the side could be doing much better than it is, then questions get asked, fans voice their disapproval.

I look at Leicester in the season after they won the PL. Void of ideas, the team looked a total shadow of the champions they were only months before. By all accounts, some Leicester players had stopped playing for him for whatever reason. Ranieri had no idea what to do about it. Whether rightly or wrongly (based mainly on loyalty), he was sacked. It was ultimately the right move.

Harris is trying different things. They're not working. Tonight was an embarrassment of random substitutions and hoping to pinch a goal. Tonight he didn't know what he was doing. That's a worry.
    Did you see a number of the players on the pitch before the game tonight more concerned about their mobile phones than focussing on the game?

StT.
    <><

Re: Harris on brink?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Did you see a number of the players on the pitch before the game tonight more concerned about their mobile phones than focussing on the game?

StT.
    <><
    No. I was having a pre-match shit. Finally released my buttocks 2 minutes into the game.