+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harris on brink?

Re: Harris on brink?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    OK, I'm interested. You whine and say Harris hasn't got a clue, what would you do to remedy the situation? Formations, tactics, style of play? I don't see what is so outlandish?

OK, I'm interested. You whine and say Harris hasn't got a clue, what would you do to remedy the situation? Formations, tactics, style of play? I don't see what is so outlandish?
    How about getting in a manager who knows what he is doing?

Revolutionary!

Or would you prefer that we continue with Harris and go down?

What would YOU do?

Unbelievable 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Can you remind me again: where are Coventry in the league?

And is this another ‘excellent’ performance?

Can you remind me again: where are Coventry in the league?

And is this another ‘excellent’ performance?

He's gone .
    Vincent Tan is entitled to more for his money and the fans deserve better too.

Note incidentally what Sir Niel Warnock is doing with Middlesborough tonight and this season. Management is a rare skill and I'm afraid our man doesn't posess it at this stage of his career.

Can’t see him surviving now. The squad is considerably stronger than the League position.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Can’t see him surviving now. The squad is considerably stronger than the League position.
    Im not sure it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im not sure it is.
    So what’s changed from last season? You’ve bought in Wilson and Moore. Who have you lost that was key last season? From top sixth to eighteenth. Something isn’t right.

So what’s changed from last season? You’ve bought in Wilson and Moore. Who have you lost that was key last season? From top sixth to eighteenth. Something isn’t right.
    A certain Lee Tomlin 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    He's gone .
    Vincent Tan is entitled to more for his money and the fans deserve better too.

Note incidentally what Sir Niel Warnock is doing with Middlesborough tonight and this season. Management is a rare skill and I'm afraid our man doesn't posess it at this stage of his career.
    Let’s ask Pedro what he would do? 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Im not sure it is.
    What?!

The team had 3 players on loan from Premier League clubs at the end of the match!

Deluded.

I was prepared to give him 3 more games, but after that he's got to go.

How about getting in a manager who knows what he is doing?

Revolutionary!

Or would you prefer that we continue with Harris and go down?

What would YOU do?

Unbelievable 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️
    No, you're the manager. How do you remedy what's wrong? That's the question. Or do you just whine for the sake of whining. You can't answer the question and you can't even use the right bloody gender for your emoji

Players really pissed me off tonight. I don't care who the manager is, some of their "performances" were pathetic.

Players really pissed me off tonight. I don't care who the manager is, some of their "performances" were pathetic.
    They clearly aren't playing for him anymore because they are not this bad. But that's player power in modern football so he has to go

What?!

The team had 3 players on loan from Premier League clubs at the end of the match!

Deluded.
    Who were they then?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    A certain Lee Tomlin ��
    I thought that would be the answer but does he really make that much difference?

I thought that would be the answer but does he really make that much difference?
    He was superb at times last season.

No, you're the manager. How do you remedy what's wrong? That's the question. Or do you just whine for the sake of whining. You can't answer the question and you can't even use the right bloody gender for your emoji
    No. I’m not the manager. I work in IT.

But I also know that Harris is not a good enough manager for Cardiff City (I think even YOU must see what most people knew when he joined)

I can’t understand why you can’t see that or would rather wait until we get relegated.

Out of interest did you SEE the game tonight? 🤦*♂️

Yes . God, he was good last season. If this proves one thing, giving him a new deal was not a mistake .

He was superb at times last season.
    He was responsible for 17 goals last season through goals or assists. Rescued points or turned 1 point into 3. Yes he is.

No. I’m not the manager. I work in IT.

But I also know that Harris is not a good enough manager for Cardiff City (I think even YOU must see what most people knew when he joined)

I can’t understand why you can’t see that or would rather wait until we get relegated.

Out of interest did you SEE the game tonight? ��*♂️
    I'm asking you, if you were manager what would you do? I have stated my objections, I'm asking you what you think is going wrong. The balance of the team, the players etc? You just whinge and moan. You slagged him off after we got into the playoffs, only Leeds and Brentford got more points than us since he took over. Things aren't going well this season and he's now bang in trouble. Harris proved he's capable of managing last season but he's really struggling now.

It's happening too regularly. The players must think that Harris is a twat, because they seem determined to make him look like one.

No, you're the manager. How do you remedy what's wrong? That's the question.
    9 times in 13 games we've conceded the first goal. Each time we've scored first, we've won without conceding. There's a clue. We have the worst first half record in the division.

How often does the team go out on to the field, look lethargic, sloppy, uninterested, then concede? Most of the time. When it keeps happening, the manager should be thinking about why it keeps happening. It happened quite often in the first few months Harris was with us, so it's not new. If he can't work out what is wrong he shouldn't be in the job. If I was in a management position with a company and my department kept missing out on targets, if I turned around to the company directors and said that we're actually doing really well, we haven't had what we've deserved, I'd be laughed out of the office as I picked up my bags.

I recently remarked that City fans will usually get behind a team that tries its best. We can tolerate players who have limitations providing they give everything. Sometimes, effort has been a more important attribute to some City fans than skill and ability. If a Cardiff City side loses a game, but comes off the pitch and you feel they couldn't have given much more, you'll live with that. It's when there's a lethargy, when players stop looking hungry and interested, when you feel the side could be doing much better than it is, then questions get asked, fans voice their disapproval.

I look at Leicester in the season after they won the PL. Void of ideas, the team looked a total shadow of the champions they were only months before. By all accounts, some Leicester players had stopped playing for him for whatever reason. Ranieri had no idea what to do about it. Whether rightly or wrongly (based mainly on loyalty), he was sacked. It was ultimately the right move.

Harris is trying different things. They're not working. Tonight was an embarrassment of random substitutions and hoping to pinch a goal. Tonight he didn't know what he was doing. That's a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He was responsible for 17 goals last season through goals or assists. Rescued points or turned 1 point into 3. Yes he is.
    I don't believe for a second that Tomlin would have made that sort of impact this season. We're conceding too many goals, not starting games well. Tomlin's impact has invariably come in the second half of games. By then we've been awkward situations this season.