+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harris on brink?

Re: Harris on brink?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    They’ve invested far more than Swansea, how come they’re in the top 6?
    Have they? Remind me how much they paid for Ayew plus his 5 million a year wages

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Have they? Remind me how much they paid for Ayew plus his 5 million a year wages
    One player from years back in the Premier league.

Their squad has been decimated of decent players sold, and big earners offloaded.

There is no way they’ve invested more in the last few years, or have a bigger wage bill.

You’d have to be an idiot not to see that.

Oh, then again.....

Their squad has been decimated of decent players sold, and big earners offloaded.

There is no way they’ve invested more in the last few years, or have a bigger wage bill.

Oh, then again.....
    What they have invested wether that be loans or wages they’ve invested a lot more wisely than your mate Colin.

Cooper isn’t hamstrung with the dogshit that Warnock left Harris.

Oh, then again.....
    Their wage bill was 48m last season, it was the 5th highest in the league according to Swiss Ramble

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Their wage bill was 48m last season, it was the 5th highest in the league according to Swiss Ramble
    Let’s not let facts get in the way please

Keep up, we’re talking about this season!

Keep up, we’re talking about this season!
    “There is no way they’ve invested more in the last few years, or have a bigger wage bill.”

Bore off Tandy 🙄

The 3 clubs that come down either kept the best part of their squads and added to it too hence they are up there. Forest have thrown money at it. Stoke have thrown money at it. Derby **** knows how much they are throwing at it with Rooney. Even Awye is on 100k a week down West. We’ve let 12 players go, brought 6 in and spent 3m if you include the Wilson loan fee. Small crumbs. Yet some people think we have a divine right to be challenging for promotion and think a point away to Millwall, who are none too shabby at home under Rowett, is not good enough. We get more delusional as a fan base every year. You’d swear we were in Paul Trollope territory. Yes there’s been more draws than we would have liked but he’s trying to evolve the style of play, being the average age of the squad down, and he’s not exactly been really backed by the board compared to other main players in the division. Add to that the players have had less of a pre season than other clubs and really put a shift in end if last season to get into the play offs and the slow start isn’t that surprising.

Cardiff twitter is even more deluded than the message boards. You would fit in well on there.
    You seem so angry.

You DO understand that no one is blaming you for hiring Harris (and him turning out to be rubbish), don't you?

And that whereas you will appear naive and foolhardy when he gets sacked, we are all entitled to our opinions, however way off.

It just happens that I, and lots of other people evidently, think that you completely wrong.

But that is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    You seem so angry.

You DO understand that no one is blaming you for hiring Harris (and him turning out to be rubbish), don't you?

And that whereas you will appear naive and foolhardy when he gets sacked, we are all entitled to our opinions, however way off.

It just happens that I, and lots of other people evidently, think that you completely wrong.

But that is OK.
    I've asked you about 5 times, what would you do differently, and who would you play? Our squad is getting older, and our players are definitely not as good as they were. We are clearly trying to pass the ball more, and we are too negative at the start. What's so frustrating is that when we need to score, we often do so. We're the 2nd best team in the second half in the league, and rock bottom in the first half. He has to stop being so negative but I don't think we have the players you think we do.

I've asked you about 5 times, what would you do differently, and who would you play? Our squad is getting older, and our players are definitely not as good as they were. We are clearly trying to pass the ball more, and we are too negative at the start. What's so frustrating is that when we need to score, we often do so. We're the 2nd best team in the second half in the league, and rock bottom in the first half. He has to stop being so negative but I don't think we have the players you think we do.
    I'd get the players to press a little higher up the pitch, put it on teams a bit more from the outset. Not an easy tactic, have to be very fit, but I reckon that talks and bacuna could play that way with pack or whoever sitting in, maybe Wilson could take up his best position in there. We've got wingers who can tuck in as well. I get the feeling that Harris doesn't completely trust our two dental defenders in terms of pace and doesn't want to leave them isolated. Harris needs to become more adventurous, that's for sure. As for Marlon pack, I like him, can't understand the criticism he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd get the players to press a little higher up the pitch, put it on teams a bit more from the outset. Not an easy tactic, have to be very fit, but I reckon that talks and bacuna could play that way with pack or whoever sitting in, maybe Wilson could take up his best position in there. We've got wingers who can tuck in as well. I get the feeling that Harris doesn't completely trust our two dental defenders in terms of pace and doesn't want to leave them isolated. Harris needs to become more adventurous, that's for sure. As for Marlon pack, I like him, can't understand the criticism he gets.
    I agree about our central defence.

I think certain players are underperforming from last season and Harris has not been able to remedy it. Until he does, or he goes we will continue to muddle along in mid table.
    Smithie
    he has looked a bit shaky by his standards.
    Nelson
    is lucky not to have been dropped and that is putting pressure on Morrison.
    Bacuna
    is not a full back and I think we miss his drive in midfield.
    Vaulks
    Is not half the player he ended the season.

Thing is that it's a results based business and constant draws or losses aren't acceptable.
    We could be doing this at a much lower cost and outlay if all we expect is mediocrity at championship level.

He's got all the best tools and facilities and he's had time to get them working but there seems to be an inability to do that. Unfortunately the only way to correct that is to consider a new manager, and that's the bottom line at this stage.

I wanted him to suceed and there's a small possibility that he might get things together over the next three games and start realising the potential which is so obviously there, but a couple more low score draws or defeats during this period and I think it's time for him to move aside .

. I get the feeling that Harris doesn't completely trust our two dental defenders

Bitten off more they can chew in this league or just need more bite in the tackle.

I think we need to play (and this will shock you, I know) our best players in their best positions. This is why I'm really good at Football Manager with this level of insight . I think I'd give Murphy 3 games and tell him he's playing in all of them but it's hard to know what man management he needs, that could be a really bad idea! I'd have thought if anyone was going to do well without fans, it would be him!

I think we're feeling the effects of JOT being out, I'd like to see us play Bacuna and Ralls in the middle (nothing against Pack but I think Bacuna sweeping could help with the legs of the centre backs). I'd like to watch the games again because Bacuna crops up in centre mid a lot when we are chasing games. It's not something I'd enjoy doing, which is why I've not done it (and it's harder with single camera) but it definitely happened vs Millwall and against Derby. I know absolutely nothing about Benkovic bar he didn't do anything bad when we played against him vs him for Bristol City but I'd definitely consider playing him over Nelson.

We're very good when we go behind in terms of coming back and getting draws, I wish we played on the front foot a bit more. While I wouldn't put him under pressure, if we play the same way for the next 3 games then I think we really need to start thinking about his position as he doesn't seem to be learning. Normally I'd expect 6 points as a minimum from these 3, I'd snap your hands off for that now.

“There is no way they’ve invested more in the last few years, or have a bigger wage bill.”

Bore off Tandy ��
    Bluebird 23 is Tandy? Makes total sense. I've got to hand it to you JR. You've got mad skills.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Bluebird 23 is Tandy? Makes total sense. I've got to hand it to you JR. You've got mad skills.
    It took a while for the penny to drop

It took a while for the penny to drop
    Is it just posting style that you go on? I'm useless at working out Multi usernames, if indeed Bluebird 23 is Tandy.

Is it just posting style that you go on? I'm useless at working out Multi usernames, if indeed Bluebird 23 is Tandy.
    Sixth sense really. Been locking horns with the prick for years.

You have

You have

I’ve mellowed in my old age. He brings out the worst in me.

Somewhere along the line, the manager has to take responsibility we've won 2 I think in 10 games?
    Facts dont lie and a return of 11 points from30 is bound to be questioned!!!
    Here's a genuine question for those who believe Harris should be given more time
    At what point do you say this isn't working?
    We should be looking at 6 or 7 points from the next 3 games anything less and think the writing will be on the wall

I’ve mellowed in my old age. He brings out the worst in me.
    Mellowed? **** me. My missus says to me sometimes that i can go from 0 to 100 in seconds when i'm on one or in a bad mood, she has a point. I reckon that you 'idle' at around 75 Fair play to you though, your football stuff is always worth a read, your put downs can be funny and you can take it as well as give it.

Mellowed? **** me. My missus says to me sometimes that i can go from 0 to 100 in seconds when i'm on one or in a bad mood, she has a point. I reckon that you 'idle' at around 75 Fair play to you though, your football stuff is always worth a read, your put downs can be funny and you can take it as well as give it.

I’ve no alter egos, or other accounts.

Shows what a clueless half wit you are!