Thread: Harris on brink?

Harris on brink?

Re: Harris on brink?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    "Huge talent in the squad."

Really?

I think there's something to it given who it's come from. He's right as well, our next three matches are against Coventry, Luton and Huddersfield, then we face Watford, Stoke, the jacks, Birmingham, Norwich and Brentford - if we've not started to turn things around by the time we play Watford, I can't see us doing so in the next six games.

I think Harris deserves more time and wouldn't be thinking of sacking him because of what he did last season, but it seems the people who count are thinking differently.

Players outside our starting XI:

GK cover: Phillips, Day, Ratcliffe

RB cover: N/A
    CB cover: Benković, Bamba
    LB cover: Cunningham, Bagan

DM cover: N/A
    CM cover: Bacuna, Vaulks,
    Wide midfield cover: Murphy, Whyte,
    AM cover: Tomlin

FW cover: Glatzel, Harris, Vassell

I'd say there is depth at GK, LB and CM but otherwise we've got a mixture of moving players into their secondary position, players we haven't seen at this level, players who are massively inconsistent, and players who are (probably) not good enough at this level.

If I was harris and I was reading this board I would be on the brink

As for the source he may well be right but he's a one town journalist

I'd be asking questions of the recruitment team as the squad was terribly unbalanced and susceptible to injuries to key personnel. That isn't solely Harris' fault.

I would hope that any dismissal of Harris would only be on the basis that we’ve got a better replacement lined up. There would be no point in sacking him and then ending up with another budget appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I would hope that any dismissal of Harris would only be on the basis that we’ve got a better replacement lined up. There would be no point in sacking him and then ending up with another budget appointment.
    Any future appointment should be willing to work with academy and promote from within as Harris has been. If we flip back to a Warnock style manager in that regard then we've just hired a new person and announced new development for nothing.

Abbandanto is a twat

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Abbandanto is a twat
    Would you like to go out for a curry ?

My shout

Abbandanto is a twat
    Well he clearly isn’t.

He is just stating a few facts and his point of view.

That doesn’t make him a twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Well he clearly isn’t.

No he isn't, he's apparently stating the opinion of the Cardiff board

I think he's a dreadful journalist

Alex Blake was good but he's moved on

His manager says he needs to increase his followers or he's tweeting had it .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No he isn't, he's apparently stating the opinion of the Cardiff board

I think he's a dreadful journalist

Alex Blake was good but he's moved on
    Totally agree, he is a terrible journalist, spouting half arsed and unsubstantiated rumours which help nobody

Would be nice if he got off his arse and did some proper journalism rather than peddle tittle tattle

Well he clearly isn’t.

Hello Paul

I’ve read enough of his articles and tweets to come to that conclusion, the same as I’ve read enough of your posts to come to the same conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Would you like to go out for a curry ?

My shout
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Poolerblue View Post
    Totally agree, he is a terrible journalist, spouting half arsed and unsubstantiated rumours which help nobody

Would be nice if he got off his arse and did some proper journalism rather than peddle tittle tattle
    He said we didn’t create any clear cut chances against Bristol. Junior Hoilett missed a header from 2 yards out and Moore had a free header from 5 yards out. He’s a clown.

Harris will be given until Christmas to turn it around, I hope he’s successful as he wants the team and Academy to be successful and he doesn’t waste money like Warnock. His signings have certainly been an improvement especially Moore,Wilson,Ojo and Tutu?

He said we didn’t create any clear cut chances against Bristol. Junior Hoilett missed a header from 2 yards out and Moore had a free header from 5 yards out. He’s a clown.
    I think that he is pretty balanced and the majority of comments on Twitter seem to agree for whatever reason (that Harris is rubbish)

It seems like lots of negative comments on here about Abandonato come from Harris apologist. 🤷*♂️

All Football managers are judged on results, and the last 6 games, show that out of 18 points on offer we have taken 6
    That isn't promotion form, more likely relegation form.
    We have a half decent squad, and for whatever reason the results aren't happening,
    One win in 6 shows that, therefore it is only natural that questions will be asked of the manager!
    What doesn't help Harris is the consistency of poor performances in the first half of most games.
    That can only be down to the way he sets the team up
    It happens to often to be a coincidence, Harris might be good enough to manage Barcelona or Orient, it's all a matter of opinion? However on current form he hasn't produced the results required to show that he is capable of managing Cardiff City if the intention is to be a top 6 side

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    All Football managers are judged on results, and the last 6 games, show that out of 18 points on offer we have taken 6
    That isn't promotion form, more likely relegation form.
    We have a half decent squad, and for whatever reason the results aren't happening,
    One win in 6 shows that, therefore it is only natural that questions will be asked of the manager!
    What doesn't help Harris is the consistency of poor performances in the first half of most games.
    That can only be down to the way he sets the team up
    It happens to often to be a coincidence, Harris might be good enough to manage Barcelona or Orient, it's all a matter of opinion? However on current form he hasn't produced the results required to show that he is capable of managing Cardiff City if the intention is to be a top 6 side
    If the intention is to be a top 6 side then the board need to start investing properly in the playing squad and not trying to get there on the cheap. Harris isn’t a miracle worker. We are not top 6 in terms of budget that’s for sure.

If the intention is to be a top 6 side then the board need to start investing properly in the playing squad and not trying to get there on the cheap. Harris isn’t a miracle worker. We are not top 6 in terms of budget that’s for sure.
    I'm not sure of where we are in comparison to other teams in the league financially but we certainly aren't up to much.

I'm sure the people in charge would know were we stand compared to the finances of the opposition and if we are below par then they need to consider his post. If we are where we should be from a financial point then leave him be.

There's a reason why the teams at the top spend £70m on a defender.

You can't polish a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I'm not sure of where we are in comparison to other teams in the league financially but we certainly aren't up to much.

I'm sure the people in charge would know were we stand compared to the finances of the opposition and if we are below par then they need to consider his post. If we are where we should be from a financial point then leave him be.

There's a reason why the teams at the top spend £70m on a defender.

You can't polish a turd.
    The 3 clubs that come down either kept the best part of their squads and added to it too hence they are up there. Forest have thrown money at it. Stoke have thrown money at it. Derby **** knows how much they are throwing at it with Rooney. Even Awye is on 100k a week down West. We’ve let 12 players go, brought 6 in and spent 3m if you include the Wilson loan fee. Small crumbs. Yet some people think we have a divine right to be challenging for promotion and think a point away to Millwall, who are none too shabby at home under Rowett, is not good enough. We get more delusional as a fan base every year. You’d swear we were in Paul Trollope territory. Yes there’s been more draws than we would have liked but he’s trying to evolve the style of play, being the average age of the squad down, and he’s not exactly been really backed by the board compared to other main players in the division. Add to that the players have had less of a pre season than other clubs and really put a shift in end if last season to get into the play offs and the slow start isn’t that surprising.

I think that he is pretty balanced and the majority of comments on Twitter seem to agree for whatever reason (that Harris is rubbish)

It seems like lots of negative comments on here about Abandonato come from Harris apologist. 🤷*♂️
    Cardiff twitter is even more deluded than the message boards. You would fit in well on there.

They’ve invested far more than Swansea, how come they’re in the top 6?