+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moore

Moore

What a brilliant signing, 7 goals already, he gives us so much we have been lacking. The way we play we have been missing someone like him.
    7 goals but he doesn't take then pens or the free kicks. I can see him being our highest scorer for some time this season assuming no major injuries.

Re: Moore

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What a brilliant signing, 7 goals already, he gives us so much we have been lacking. The way we play we have been missing someone like him.
    7 goals but he doesn't take then pens or the free kicks. I can see him being our highest scorer for some time this season assuming no major injuries.
    Yep, he really looks the part.

I had high hopes for him when he joined and he has been excellent.

It does rather put into context how poor a signing Glatzel has been though :-(

It's 8 I think? If he doesn't get double figures from here we may as well do away with strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Yep, he really looks the part.

I had high hopes for him when he joined and he has been excellent.

It does rather put into context how poor a signing Glatzel has been though :-(
    Glatzel has been a revelation compared to some of the strikers signed over the past few years I.e. Madine

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's 8 I think? If he doesn't get double figures from here we may as well do away with strikers.
    Could be, I did a quick Google but may not have included today.

Even without the goals I think with his back to goal he gives us more than most in recent times.
    2m is a great bit of business.

I still think Glatzel will come good, Moore cant play every game, and the way we set up now with Harris pulling defenders all over the place will give him further opportunities to add to his tally

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I still think Glatzel will come good, Moore cant play every game, and the way we set up now with Harris pulling defenders all over the place will give him further opportunities to add to his tally
    I just don't know what to make of Glatzel, I feel like I want to defend him, I want him to do well. He isn't a bad footballer, not sure he is for us though, doesn't seem to impact enough.
    I'd love him to do well.

For some of our fans he’s not a top striker at this level

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    For some of our fans he’s not a top striker at this level
    I'm not sure if the stats add up but like I've said about Pack elsewhere it's about fitting in with the team more than individual achievements.

He fits in perfect and the fact he adds goals to the team is of course a huge bonus. He's no superstar but if we had him in the prem under Warnock I think we might have stayed up.

I just don't know what to make of Glatzel, I feel like I want to defend him, I want him to do well. He isn't a bad footballer, not sure he is for us though, doesn't seem to impact enough.
    I'd love him to do well.
    I think that we all do. The latter day Ronnie Moore.

And he seems like a nice chap as well.

But I’m still waiting for it to happen for him. And then you look at the instant impact that Moore has had (Keifer not Ronnie!).......

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Glatzel has been a revelation compared to some of the strikers signed over the past few years I.e. Madine
    Lol. That is a pretty damning comparison ;-)

(I saw that Madine actually scored today!!!)

I think that we all do. The latter day Ronnie Moore.

And he seems like a nice chap as well.

But I’m still waiting for it to happen for him. And then you look at the instant impact that Moore has had (Keifer not Ronnie!).......
    This threads about Moore what’s Glatzel got to do with it? We know you’re a stickler for sticking to the OP so start practicing what you preach please.

Moore has been great, real focal point we've missed for ages.

Glatzel has shown what he can do, this is his second season in English football, his goal last week showed his quality. What a back up option to have

Even at 28 he has a strong sell on value or longevity

I think Kieffer is the kind of player who will still be able to bang them in at a high level at age 35 plus

When was the last time we had a striker get 15 goals? He's well on his way to achieving that

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    When was the last time we had a striker get 15 goals? He's well on his way to achieving that
    That was my thought.

Helguson maybe but I feel off the top of my head he was slightly less. The way we play we won't see a chopra boothroyd partnership although I don't think many teams do.

That was my thought.

Helguson maybe but I feel off the top of my head he was slightly less. The way we play we won't see a chopra boothroyd partnership although I don't think many teams do.
    Helguson played 38 league games and scored 8 goals. Think we're looking back further to when Bothroyd scored 18 in the 2010-2011 season as our most recent striker with double figures in a season.

Keiffer Moore has come from non-league so not surprising there are aspects of his game to work on, and he will continue to get better playing with better players and under better coaches, but BBC stats have him as having a 19% goal conversion rate and 43% shot accuracy rate which makes him more similar to Freddie Ladapo of Rotherham than Ivan Toney of Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Helguson played 38 league games and scored 8 goals. Think we're looking back further to when Bothroyd scored 18 in the 2010-2011 season as our most recent striker with double figures in a season.

Keiffer Moore has come from non-league so not surprising there are aspects of his game to work on, and he will continue to get better playing with better players and under better coaches, but BBC stats have him as having a 19% goal conversion rate and 43% shot accuracy rate which makes him more similar to Freddie Ladapo of Rotherham than Ivan Toney of Brentford.
    Wow 8, was he our top scorer that season? I'm sure he was.

I don't think any striker will thrive under our system but Moore does what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I was thinking that.....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    This threads about Moore what’s Glatzel got to do with it? We know you’re a stickler for sticking to the OP so start practicing what you preach please.
    I think that you’d better be going to bed by the sounds of things.

I think that you’d better be going to bed by the sounds of things.
    JR's contributions on here this week have invariably been about point scoring with anyone who has dared criticise Harris. He's been more interested in ramming down our throats how awful any fan has been who has dared to raise any issues with the club on a public forum, which, given the amount of criticism he dished out towards Warnock, is utterly laughable.

I've seen how he loves dishing things out when he thinks he's right. Quite nasty.

He's a loose cannon on here, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    JR's contributions on here this week have invariably been about point scoring with anyone who has dared criticise Harris. He's been more interested in ramming down our throats how awful any fan has been who has dared to raise any issues with the club on a public forum, which, given the amount of criticism he dished out towards Warnock, is utterly laughable.

I've seen how he loves dishing things out when he thinks he's right. Quite nasty.

He's a loose cannon on here, that's for sure.
    Another one rattled by our recent upturn in fortunes.

Run along to Mike you big cry baby.

Another one rattled by our recent upturn in fortunes.

Run along to Mike you big cry baby.
    Read my posts and demonstrate how I'm rattled by a gobshite like you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Read my posts and demonstrate how I'm rattled by a gobshite like you?
    Nasty man said nasty things. Rattled.

Nasty man said nasty things. Rattled.
    Failed to demonstrate.