+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if you could take 3 players

Re: if you could take 3 players

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Dean Holden named Joe Ralls as one of the best midfielders in the league. He's not going to dominate games but when he doesn't play, boy do you notice it!
    Exactly. We rarely play well when Ralls isn't in the team.

Where are our weakest links?

central midfield is probably biggest for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Where are our weakest links?

central midfield is probably biggest for me.
    Right back.

Another striker option. Happy with Moore but he needs competition.

Last 4 seasons without ralls average points
    (compared to overall target)
    20 1.55 (1.58)
    19 0.9 (0.89)
    18 2.11 (1.95)
    17 1. 25 (1.29)

Not a massive difference but doesn't show him as someone who massively influences games. Our central midfield is much of a muchness and has been for a few years.

Ralls doesn't do anything to a particularly high standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Moore isn't a top striker at this level.
    Want to revisit this? You sounded so certain as well 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how about pukki, Cantwell and buendia?
    Not a bad shout as an alternative. But I don't think there's any question that the players should come from Bournemouth.

Moore isn't a top striker at this level.

Deeney, Hughes and one other from Watford.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Hughes is a class act, for some reason he's barely been in the side for Watford. he'd do brilliantly for us

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Deeney is being ripped to shreds on Watford’s forum, ‘The Hornet’s Nest’, mind you a lot of them want their manager out through their well oiled revolving door.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    pick 3 championship players to improve our squad - only catch is all 3 have to be at the same club currently - who would you take?

follow up question, would any opposition fans choose 3 of our players?
    Roberts, Ayew, Lowe

Murphy, Pack, Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Want to revisit this? You sounded so certain as well 🤣🤣🤣
    I'm delighted that we've created chances for him and stopped using him as a target man. He has never proven himself as a top striker at this level but carry on as he is and the £2m will be an absolute steal. I'm glad we've worked out a way for him to be effective.

Prior to his arrival, what makes you think he could have been classed as a top Championship striker? Also, if he had been described as a top Championship striker, would we have signed him for £2m?

Prior to his arrival, what makes you think he could have been classed as a top Championship striker? Also, if he had been described as a top Championship striker, would we have signed him for £2m?
    I’ve watched him play and seen he has all the attributes to be a top striker at this level. Great touch, great movement, strong, good finisher, reads the game well, unbeatable in the air.

I said when we signed him in a good team he’d get 15-20 goals and I think he’ll easily get that.

It’s all well and good looking at his stats playing as a striker for a bunch of average teams, but anyone who’s watched him could see he was talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve watched him play and seen he has all the attributes to be a top striker at this level. Great touch, great movement, strong, good finisher, reads the game well, unbeatable in the air.

I said when we signed him in a good team he’d get 15-20 goals and I think he’ll easily get that.

It’s all well and good looking at his stats playing as a striker for a bunch of average teams, but anyone who’s watched him could see he was talented.
    Yet nobody had taken a punt on him. Arguably no clubs would have bothered had he not played for Wales. At 28, you'd have expected him to have made it. I'm not being critical, it's just how it is. Moore has been a bit of a lower league journeyman. He now seems to be fulfilling his potential and who knows where that will lead. Grant Holt was in a similar position then was a big success in the PL. It does happen, not often, but it does.

Yet nobody had taken a punt on him. Arguably no clubs would have bothered had he not played for Wales. At 28, you'd have expected him to have made it. I'm not being critical, it's just how it is. Moore has been a bit of a lower league journeyman. He now seems to be fulfilling his potential and who knows where that will lead. Grant Holt was in a similar position then was a big success in the PL. It does happen, not often, but it does.
    Nobody, apart from the 8 or so clubs we beat to his signature. He's getting better and better.

Just had a look to see how Moore is doing in the goalscoring table, he's currently 4th with 8. But I didn't realise that Adam Armstrong and Ivan Toney are already on 14! That is some going.

I'm delighted that we've created chances for him and stopped using him as a target man. He has never proven himself as a top striker at this level but carry on as he is and the £2m will be an absolute steal. I'm glad we've worked out a way for him to be effective.
    A simple “I was wrong about him” would have done just as nicely...

Humility is a nice quality

Nobody, apart from the 8 or so clubs we beat to his signature. He's getting better and better.
    x2