Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Perhaps you've answered your own question. Perhaps the board considered him a cheap punt, one that would be relatively stable for a few seasons, no promotion aspiration, not going down either. No parachute payments next season, so a dramatic drop in income. A bit like Slade, it's about cost cutting and preparing for being an average Championship side.
Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Going back to Dalman's comments about expecting a top 6 finish this season, do you believe that is the board's ambition and do you think that is likely?
'Perhaps' it would be sensible to take Dalman at his word and accept that the Board do want and expect a top 6 finish with an evolution in the playing style and with a route to the first team for academy players. They may not have made the right choice (for me the jury is out - but Harris still has some credit in the bank) but I don't see a lack of ambition. The summer transfer window was unlike any in recent years - hard to compare with what went before - but the club seem to me to have backed the manager (apart from the RB weakness) whilst getting a grip on the finances and the bloated size of squad.