+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is Harris doing right at Cardiff City?

Re: What is Harris doing right at Cardiff City?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That suggests we've scored 3 goals fewer at home than would have been expected but conceded 1 goal more. Away from home we've scored roughly what would have been expected and conceded 3 fewer than expected. That all suggests our home form should be better and that we've over achieved away from home.

We've scored 13 this season and conceded 12. Tally up the xG and we should have scored 15-16 and conceded 14. Seems like everything is as it should be. We're not conceding as many as can be expected, which is good, but aren't taking our chances, which is not so good.

7th in the xG goals for equals 15.4 goals over 12 games. The actual 7th top scorers have scored 13.
    6th in the xG goals against equals 13.7 goals over 12 games. The actual 6th lowest conceders have let in 11.

Swansea have scored 4 fewer than expected but conceded 5 fewer.

It appears that, overall, Championship sides aren't taking the chances they should.
    So all the managers are crap then ?

He’s evolving our style of play whilst trying to manage new players into the squad after losing his 2 best players from last season.

Also doing it with one hand tied behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s evolving our style of play whilst trying to manage new players into the squad after losing his 2 best players from last season.

Its not only quality , trusted trout fishing advice you provide

Keep up the good work

Why do you say that he has one hand tied behind his back out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Why do you say that he has one hand tied behind his back out of interest?
    How much has he been given to spend compared to Warnock? Compared to other clubs in this division?

We are where we are because we are being run like a mid table club. Off the field apart from the loan signing of Wilson we’ve shown no ambition.

We’ve lost a lot of players from last season and they haven’t all been replaced adequately

How much has he been given to spend compared to Warnock?
    Ah OK. Thanks for clarify what you meant.

(I disagree with you as Harris has been backed in the transfer window, but thanks for clarifying)

Ah OK. Thanks for clarify what you meant.

(I disagree with you as Harris has been backed in the transfer window, but thanks for clarifying)
    Backed

You call Moore for 2m, and a few loans backed

We have played really well when we've needed to score. If we could start games as we finish them, we'd be much higher. All of his signings have improved the squad and we've not wasted money like we did under Warnock. Our players aren't looking at the ball like it is an alien object as well.

Of course, the elephant in the room is we are absolutely appalling in the first half. We're bottom of the league if the game ended at half time. We're second if you only count the second half.

https://www.soccerstats.com/halftime...eague=england2

How much has he been given to spend compared to Warnock? Compared to other clubs in this division?

We are where we are because we are being run like a mid table club. Off the field apart from the loan signing of Wilson we’ve shown no ambition.

We’ve lost a lot of players from last season and they haven’t all been replaced adequately
    I would say that Harris has replaced the ones lost by better players? Moore better than Paterson, Ojo better than Mendez, Tutu better than Jazz, Wilson better than Ward and Bogle put together? We haven’t seen Phillips but he looks a promising Young keeper as we had to let Etheridge go or lose him for nothing in the summer?
    All the sides that got promoted last season had top loan players and the Jacks always have 5 and they’re not doing bad again? It’s the way to go rather than doing a Warnock by wasting millions on journeymen!

Backed

You call Moore for 2m, and a few loans backed
    I’m sure someone will oblige but I’d be ingested to see how much Warnock and Harris have spent in similar periods during their time at the club (Warnock only went mad with the money I think when we got promoted)

What is more damning is that this is the only thing that Harris has for almost right. And that is pushing it 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    I would say that Harris has replaced the ones lost by better players? Moore better than Paterson, Ojo better than Mendez, Tutu better than Jazz, Wilson better than Ward and Bogle put together? We haven’t seen Phillips but he looks a promising Young keeper as we had to let Etheridge go or lose him for nothing in the summer?
    All the sides that got promoted last season had top loan players and the Jacks always have 5 and they’re not doing bad again? It’s the way to go rather than doing a Warnock by wasting millions on journeymen!
    Ojo isn't fit to lace Mendez's boots.

Stopped reading at Ojo better than Mendez

I’m sure someone will oblige but I’d be ingested to see how much Warnock and Harris have spent in similar periods during their time at the club (Warnock only went mad with the money I think when we got promoted)

What is more damning is that this is the only thing that Harris has for almost right. And that is pushing it 🤦*♂️
    Colin spent 4m on Aden Flint ffs. Be off with you.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Ojo isn't fit to lace Mendez's boots.
    I think that is a bit harsh. I’d like to see more of Oh no before claiming that he is not as good as NML.

NML was decent on his day, and sound defensively for a winger, but not consistent. Oh no has improved since he has been here but has not played enough games yet surely to make a proper comparison?

Colin spent 4m on Aden Flint ffs. Be off with you.
    Well that is a daft thing to say.

Yes, Flint is rubbish as was Madine etc but Warnock bought them at a different point in his time at the club.

Maybe someone can answer my question and we can have a sensible debate. I can’t remember Warnock spending £2m on a player at the start of his first full season here, but maybe he did?

Well that is a daft thing to say.

Yes, Flint is rubbish as was Madine etc but Warnock bought them at a different point in his time at the club.

Maybe someone can answer my question and we can have a sensible debate. I can’t remember Warnock spending £2m on a player at the start of his first full season here, but maybe he did?
    Tomlin 3m for starters. Danny Ward 1.7m.

I think that is a bit harsh. I’d like to see more of Oh no before claiming that he is not as good as NML.

NML was decent on his day, and sound defensively for a winger, but not consistent. Oh no has improved since he has been here but has not played enough games yet surely to make a proper comparison?
    Don't think it's harsh, when Mendez Laing left the negative impact on the team was a clear one, if Ojo left I'm not sure I'd even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So all the managers are crap then ?
    If that's your analysis, then that's up to you. I'm just presenting the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Eric wanted this to be a negative thread
    I wanted some positivity into why Harris is supposed to be doing a decent job. As one of his biggest fans, I find it disappointing that you haven't got a single reason.

If he’s improved the squad and it’s better, why haven’t the results improved?

I’ll tell you why, because he can’t get the best out of the players.

Just a reminder, this idiot describe Glatzel as.....’One of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’

What’s is it now, no goals in 16/17 games.

The guy’s useless, even Cooper at Swansea is putting him to shame.

The sooner they sack him and his useless back room staff (have the youngsters won a game under Morrison?), the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    If he’s improved the squad and it’s better, why haven’t the results improved?

I’ll tell you why, because he can’t get the best out of the players.

Just a reminder, this idiot describe Glatzel as.....’One of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’

What’s is it now, no goals in 16/17 games.

The guy’s useless, even Cooper at Swansea is putting him to shame.

The sooner they sack him and his useless back room staff (have the youngsters won a game under Morrison?), the better.
    Just thinking we might not have the funds to sack him and his staff, pay them off, then appoint another manager who might want even more.

If we sacked and paid off a manager every time Eric, Bluebirds 23, Bobby Dandruff and their ilk got out of their pram after a few bad results wed be bankrupt in 3 seasons.

If we sacked and paid off a manager every time Eric, Bluebirds 23, Bobby Dandruff and their ilk got out of their pram after a few bad results wed be bankrupt in 3 seasons.
    I'm not calling for him to go, but I do think he's on borrowed time, especially after Dalman's comments last month.

I know a couple of City fans, in their 50s, who have generally given managers plenty of time in the past, who want Harris out. Things went this way under Slade and there are similarities in that neither were seen as positive appoinments by the club, so weren't given time by some fans.

While I'm not calling for him to be sacked, I still want to know what is positive about his management this season as I can't see much.

The football is absolute dross, the team look clueless.

We’ve failed to score in the first half in 9 of the last 10 games.

We’re all forgiving of boring football if it’s grinding out results, but Harris isn’t.

I’d love to know who thought a bloke who’s achieved nothing at this level, had his team hurtling towards relegation and was shown the door at Millwall, thought this is the guy we need to get us back to the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm not calling for him to go, but I do think he's on borrowed time, especially after Dalman's comments last month.

I know a couple of City fans, in their 50s, who have generally given managers plenty of time in the past, who want Harris out. Things went this way under Slade and there are similarities in that neither were seen as positive appoinments by the club, so weren't given time by some fans.

While I'm not calling for him to be sacked, I still want to know what is positive about his management this season as I can't see much.
    His football becomes more positive and intense when we are losing. His initial set up and style has seen us fall behind way to often this season, yet he perseveres with it. I can't for the life of me work out why. If he continues with the conservative approach which puts us in a position where we have to chase a game, then he's in trouble. Harris has some decisions to make over the coming weeks.