+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eddie Newton

Re: Eddie Newton

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You sound like an old man with slippers

Scenes like Eddie Newton being chaired off the pitch are what football is all about

You just don't get it

Your usual dullard comment.

When was the last tome a loan player got carried off a pitch after a pitch invasion, when the club hadn't won anything (I think that it might have even been mid seasons)? Er, never.

You just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He seems to be held in unnecessary high esteem by some Cardiff fans. Similar to Gary ONeill in a way.
    Yes they're decent players but hardly played enough games for us to be held in legendary status.
    Quote - he stood out as he was a good player and we were rubbish.

Hardly a legend, making the pitch invasion send off even more bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Roger Gibbins View Post
    Available after being let go by Trabzonspor.

Would love to see him given a chance here should Harris go
    My first reaction when I saw this was that Harris had already gone to Sheffield Wednesday and Newton was probably a bit old to be playing nowadays.

Question,

We had another loan player who came at the same time. Who was also decent.
    Can you name him?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Question,

We had another loan player who came at the same time. Who was also decent.
    Can you name him?
    Gerry Harrison.

My uncle called him George.

We chaired Newton off in the last home game of the season against Crewe. It was a night game, and we were not playing on the last weekend because Aldershot or Maidstone went bust. A win would/could have put us in the play-offs. Some thought a draw may have been enough, but Barnet thrashed York on the next Saturday and were already above us on goal difference.

We had won two of the last 3 games, beating Wrexham and Barnet, but losing to Burnley at Turf Moor.

Wright was talking about spending big, some thought we could have got Eddie Newton. He galvanised us when he joined, seemed to take pride in playing for us and was a touch of class in a squad that was still transitioning under Eddie May. The team were good to watch, and it was the last home game of the season so we were going on the pitch regardless. Blakey also got carried that day, and I think Pike did too. It wasn't just Eddie Newton, although most would have loved him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He seems to be held in unnecessary high esteem by some Cardiff fans. Similar to Gary ONeill in a way.
    Yes they're decent players but hardly played enough games for us to be held in legendary status.
    They were enigmatic with a touch of class , which we hardly ever saw

Thus they got the praise and rightly so

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Your usual dullard comment.

When was the last tome a loan player got carried off a pitch after a pitch invasion, when the club hadn't won anything (I think that it might have even been mid seasons)? Er, never.

You just don't get it.
    Thats why you don't get it

Its the very fact that hundreds of cardiff fans invaded the pitch to carry off Eddie Newton in a fourth division game that makes it such a magical moment

Robin Friday , Eddie Newton , Eddie Johnsons first goal

Either you understand the zany world of being a football fan or you watch sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Thats why you don't get it

Its the very fact that hundreds of cardiff fans invaded the pitch to carry off Eddie Newton in a fourth division game that makes it such a magical moment

Robin Friday , Eddie Newton , Eddie Johnsons first goal

Either you understand the zany world of being a football fan or you watch sky TV
    In a similar way to virtually the entire stadium singing Last Christmas to Sol Bamba! Zany things that just happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Gerry Harrison.

My uncle called him George.

We chaired Newton off in the last home game of the season against Crewe. It was a night game, and we were not playing on the last weekend because Aldershot or Maidstone went bust. A win would/could have put us in the play-offs. Some thought a draw may have been enough, but Barnet thrashed York on the next Saturday and were already above us on goal difference.

We had won two of the last 3 games, beating Wrexham and Barnet, but losing to Burnley at Turf Moor.

Wright was talking about spending big, some thought we could have got Eddie Newton. He galvanised us when he joined, seemed to take pride in playing for us and was a touch of class in a squad that was still transitioning under Eddie May. The team were good to watch, and it was the last home game of the season so we were going on the pitch regardless. Blakey also got carried that day, and I think Pike did too. It wasn't just Eddie Newton, although most would have loved him to stay.
    Eddie Newton got chaired off on an afternoon game , Easter Monday I think , against Halifax

It was a bright sunny day

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In a similar way to virtually the entire stadium singing Last Christmas to Sol Bamba! Zany things that just happen.
    Indeed

We are cardiff city , we are crap

Who remembers the one man pitch invasion at Brentford by peg , the legless city fan ?

At one stage he was arguing with durban in the dug out

Legend